<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Roses game

February 6 2017 at 9:12 PM
Guest  (Login Webby1802)

I'm looking in to tickets for yccc v lccc at old Trafford and having never been before I'm not sure where to get seats in the ground. Any ideas please?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Roses game

February 6 2017, 9:22 PM 

I assume you mean the T20 match? For anything else no need to book in advance.

I've never been to that particular event but i've been to OT several times. I rather like the view from under the Point (the one place in the ground you cant actually see The Point)- long on to a right hander when the bowling is from the Pavilion end. Lots of leg room.

No idea what sort of spectator this attracts, suspect it could be tradition even for T20 (think Trueman enclosure at Leeds) however could be more akin to the Western terrace. Others will know more.

(Login matthefish2002)

February 7 2017, 9:03 AM 

I went to the T20 at OT a couple of years ago, although you had to get a ticket in advance all seats were unallocated. If this is still the case my advice is get there slightly early so you can choose a decent view. Ground was only half full at start of play but was full after about 30 mins.
Was one of the T20s I have enjoyed most (Was the one were Yorkshire won in the last over) but did feel a bit of tension between some supporters on the way out which I have never really seen at cricket before. Think the drink and the banter got too much for some.

Dpressed
(Login dpressed)

February 7 2017, 9:09 AM 

I've never been to a T20 at OT, but I do know that their 'one day' members are no better than the rest of the crowd. For a number of years we sat in the Lady's Pavilion & had good banter with the Lancy members. On Sunday League mnatches we were innundated by one eyed idiots. The worst I remember was a Yorkshire batsman, trying to hit out, missing a straight ball from medium pacer Ian Austin which bit the stumps. A Lancy member close to told his mate that the batsman had been beaten for pace!!!

So it doesn't matter where you sit.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk