<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
littleoldme.
(Login littleoldme.)

Edgbaston

February 20 2017, 11:21 PM 

Oh Edgbaston last year. Don't remind me! Freezing cold and non-stop showers and snow on Day three! I spent a fortune as well with train fares, hotel room etc. The match reflected the weather - grim and no chance of a result then Sidebottom broke his ankle playing football! The snow arrived at about 4-45 on the third day and I had a 20 minute walk back to my hotel. If you check the fixtures this year , we have them again down there at almost exactly the same dates as last year. 2nd game Warwickshire away.
A Buchan

(Login matthefish2002)

Re: Edgbaston

February 21 2017, 10:13 AM 

I was also at Edgbaston on days 1 and 2 I think last year. Really was tough going waiting around in the cold for the play to start and then when it did you knew it was a nailed on draw.
Will be at Edgbaston again in April for the weekend days play. Surely cant be as cold last year.

(Login ExiledinNotts)

February 21 2017, 11:07 AM 

I bought a membership for first time last season, I have renewed and didn't realise the resiprocal arrangement the counties had. Luckily I had it at Ebgbaston. Trent Bridge was also a cold one as well. Am still planning to go to Birmingham for at least 2 days as its not that far on the train and there's a bus goes to Edgbaston from outside New Street.

spanishnick
(Login Spanishnick)

February 25 2017, 3:32 PM 

I was at the Tan hill Inn on Thursday during a snow blizzard and I'm not sure it was any colder than Edgbaston last year.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk