<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

Re: India v Australia Test

March 7 2017, 10:09 AM 

Stunning win for India.
Shows they can win when Kohli fails with the bat.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

March 7 2017, 10:29 AM 

Fantastic game. The pitch seemed to ease on day 3 - or was it just the excellence of Pujara's batting?

I watched India collapse this morning, then slept through Australia's collapse. Hayden and Lee (Haydos and Bingo) had sounded 100% confident that the Aussies would stroll it, I wondered whether my assessment of the pitch had been wrong, my eyesight deficient.

They get a week off, now, before going to Ranchi (wherever the hell that is) and thence to Dharamsala, which will probably take over as the world's most spectacular Test venue when the 4th Test is played there.

I don't like much about the BCCI, but I do approve the way they're taking cricket to the people - an idea Yorkshire might adopt.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

March 7 2017, 5:57 PM 

With Australia At 50 odd for 2 this morning I left the house convinced there was no way they wouldn't win. Shows how much I know!

Ashwin 6 wickets in the 2nd innings, Jadeja 6 wickets in the 1st innings. Handy pair of cricketers.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

but

March 7 2017, 7:16 PM 

Controversy about Steve Smith looking to the dressing room for guidance before deciding to ask for a review...
Virat calls it cheating - but how do you prevent it....?

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: but

March 7 2017, 8:04 PM 

Removing tv and internet connections from the dressing room would stop it. Mobile phones are already banned in an attempt to prevent match fixing.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Re: but

March 8 2017, 9:27 AM 

Watching the incident on the highlights I don't think it will be too much of a problem.

The laws are quite strict on looking for guidance and it was so obvious that he was never going to get away with it.

I'd accept his 'brain fade' excuse and let the incident serve as a reminder of the rules.

Anyway, what would all those poor team analysts do all day if they lost their internet and TV.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Niceeeee

March 9 2017, 6:42 PM 

It appears Australia and India have kissed and made up.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2016-17/content/story/1086135.html

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Pujara

March 19 2017, 9:44 AM 

He's not flashy, but he might not only be winning the game, but the series for India.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

Re: Pujara

March 19 2017, 1:31 PM 

Although I'm happy enough with Handscombe, having Pujara for the season would have been fantastic. Perhaps he just didn't fancy it and wants a break which would be entirely understandable after a long Indian season playing no less than 13 Tests. They also said on commentary that he's been playing domestic cricket in between Test series. The ECB would have a fit if that was one of ours!

(Login ThirdUmpire)

March 20 2017, 9:35 PM 

Happy enough with Handscomb after today's dig in. Mind you he won't get to bat on a track like that in England in a month of sundays

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

March 20 2017, 9:49 PM 

Yes, very good to see our overseas enhancing his growing reputation under difficult conditions.

Hope to see him and Ballance building some solid partnerships in the CC this season.

After the openers have got us to 100 for no loss at lunch that is.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk