<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Steve Patterson appreciation photos

March 8 2017 at 10:57 AM

Dave Morton  (Login DaveMorton)

I've done the same for Patto as I did for Ryan. A bit of a slog and I'm glad it's over, though it brought back some good memories. I've tied Patto's story to that of the Yorkshire team he has served with such distinction.

Usual link:https://www.flickr.com/photos/forwarddefensive/albums

I see Patto has been awarded a Testimonial in 2016, rather than a Benefit. Is there any significant difference? And is the reason that Patto was capped relatively late in his career, so in seniority terms would be behind younger players like Rashid and Lyth?

Whatever. I hope he makes plenty.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Idle Man
(Login Idle_man)

Re: Steve Patterson appreciation photos

March 8 2017, 11:55 AM 

Great collection DM. Particularly pleased to see his batting get in a bit too, though perhaps the sequence should have started with him being thoroughly castled. It's typical of Patto that he's worked at it and progressed from total rabbit, through obdurate tailender/nightwatchman who hangs around defiantly, to someone who now makes a few runs from time to time, and has a shot or two. A straight six I remember recently at Scarborough would have graced anyone's portfolio.

Interestingly, Patto has been on both sides of the equation in Ian Bell's ludicrous enthusiasm for giving someone singles to get at one particular batsman. Each time it was a tactical disaster.

This message has been edited by Idle_man on Mar 8, 2017 11:57 AM

(Login dpressed)

March 8 2017, 11:56 AM 

Thanks for another excellent sequence, although I'd prefer to forget the 2012 match at Scarborough, or rather I'd like to forget the cold. I'm one of the snowmen pictured btw

Ps One minor correction. Patto was born in October 1983 so would have been 17 when Yorks won the 2001 title.

This message has been edited by dpressed on Mar 8, 2017 12:13 PM

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

March 8 2017, 12:34 PM 

Thanks, dpressed; I have made the correction. As a former maths teacher I never could subtract.

Phil
(Login ExiledinNotts)

March 8 2017, 3:03 PM 

Once again Dave thanks for sharing. At last I feature on one of your photos it's the day we won the championship at Trent Bridge, well I say I feature it's actually my shaven head.

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

March 8 2017, 8:55 PM 

Outstanding work Mr M.

Patterson is one I suspect many thought might not make the grade, Ok, one I thought might not make the grade. Pleased he has, seems to appreciate his own success.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

March 9 2017, 12:12 AM 

Thanks Dave, that's a wonderful set, with some individual beauties.

For example, in the shot of Lyth taking the catch in front of his face at second slip there's joy to be had in looking at the poise and expressions of every player in the frame. And especially Patto.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk