<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

Re: 3rd ODI In Barbados

March 9 2017, 4:46 PM 

Make your mind up ThirdUmpire, Root can't have given his wicket away on team orders AND have Farbrace blame him for getting out! happy.gif

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

March 9 2017, 4:55 PM 

Thanks EYT , of no import in the greater scheme of things and no offence taken.

At least we've got a bit of input and debate as we await the season's start.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Touchy touchy

March 9 2017, 5:02 PM 

Well done to the 2 centurions, think England would be looking at 320 now which should be more than enough.

On the subject of Buttler, cracking shot on the free hit then he seemed to be looking for a way to get out, he found it.

Brainless batting from a man who seems to think normal strokes are boring.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

March 9 2017, 5:04 PM 

Apologies if I gave Buttlers figures incorrectly - I was quoting the following from the Cricinfo article (the bits after).

"His last ten matches for England have yielded 90 runs in 9 innings with scores of (most recent first) 0,14,8,1,0,15,11,10,31."

The original poster has it wrong!! Apologies for not checking the authenticity.

Not fussed personally if Buttler keeps failing, but still keeps getting selected, if it means JB playing for us until the end of June.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Mar 9, 2017 5:06 PM

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

March 9 2017, 5:55 PM 

End of June might be pushing it. I don't know the size of Champions Trophy squads but I'd expect Bairstow to be in England's.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

March 9 2017, 6:11 PM 

You may be right, but do we really need three keepers in a 15 man squad. Two is quite sufficient and England seem to favour Billings & Buttler to fill those slots.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Mar 10, 2017 9:55 AM

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

March 9 2017, 6:13 PM 

True but they're all regarded amongst the best one day batsmen in England.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

March 9 2017, 6:36 PM 

Indicative of the fact that the wicket keeper is now very much a batsman who can keep.

I'm hopeful that the England management trim the squads very early and release players to play for their county.

I don't mind if Bairstow plays for England or Yorkshire (o.k perhaps I do a little bit) but I do mind if he ends up playing for neither.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

March 9 2017, 7:11 PM 

It makes sense for Bairstow to be released if he has no chance of playing. The last thing England want is for JB to be going into the tests having had no cricket in any form for the previous month, which would be the case if selected for the Champions Trophy squad but not being selected for any of the matches.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

March 9 2017, 7:19 PM 

If Bairstow is in the squad for the tournament, he can't be released to play under ICC tournament rules. We'll just have to wait until the squad is named.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

March 9 2017, 7:55 PM 

Plunkett pretty impressive too so write him off playing in a Yorkshire shirt til July.

Rob Key rapidly becoming my favourite commentator. Knowledgeable, articulate, some nice anecdotes and not a buffoon.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

March 9 2017, 8:15 PM 

Completely agree regarding Key, excellent commentator.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

March 9 2017, 8:43 PM 

He then almost let me down wittering on about dancing and fireworks but I put it down to Bumble being alongside him.

Good win wrapped up by Rashid belatedly given a bowl.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

March 9 2017, 9:21 PM 

Joe Root talking there about having a rest then playing some cricket for Yorkshire before the Ireland ODI's!

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk