<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

Re: England Player Availability Early Season

March 17 2017, 7:01 AM 

What i cant understand is that JB was encouraged to enter the IPL auction. OK, he didn't get selected but had he done so he'd have been playing in the same period we're now been told he needs rest in!

Idle Man
(Login Idle_man)

Re: England Player Availability Early Season

March 17 2017, 8:05 AM 

As I said, I'm afraid these people think the IPL helps develop the players, championship cricket is just net practice.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

And another thing!

March 17 2017, 6:56 PM 

Couldn't find anything on the ECB site about the availability of the rest of the England team, Cook etc. I trust the resting will be even handed!

Strange isn't it that the ECB sends teams to all corners of the earth to experience playing against the best while denying county players the same privilege.

Hampshire might even field one or two England qualified players who really should be given the chance to play against the best.

CaravanShaker
(Login CaravanShaker)

Re: And another thing!

March 24 2017, 3:20 PM 

Here it is:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2017/content/story/1088292.html

The majority of England's centrally contracted players (who are not otherwise engaged at the IPL) have been made available to play for their counties in the early rounds of the Specsavers County Championship and the Royal London One-Day Cup next month.

Joe Root, the new Test captain, will sit out Yorkshire's opening Championship fixture against Hampshire at Headingley, as will his Yorkshire team-mate, Jonny Bairstow... However, those players will be made available for at least one of the opening three rounds of the Championship, before attention returns to white-ball cricket.

Hmm.

(Login matthefish2002)

March 24 2017, 4:17 PM 

Frustrating that the only first class game both Root and Bairstow are available for is the one furthest away and one I was not planning to go to.
It is what it is though.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

March 24 2017, 5:29 PM 

What a surprise - Finn can play for Middlesex!! Despite having played several more matches than JB in the last 3 months.

From the ECB (the full details).

https://www.ecb.co.uk/news/354879

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Mar 24, 2017 5:59 PM

(Login dpressed)

March 24 2017, 6:41 PM 

We should be happy that JBis allowed to play at all. And remember that Finn plays for Middlesex

(Login ThirdUmpire)

March 24 2017, 6:56 PM 

One game before the focus returns to white ball cricket..... Where Bairstow will wear an orange bib and carry drinks

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

March 24 2017, 8:11 PM 

If I were bitter and twisted I might suspect that the ECB might have a couple of corporate things going on in early April, golf days maybe, perhaps with a big cheese from the sponsors.

Luckily I'm not bitter and twisted so obviously the players are being rested purely for cricket reasons!

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

And another thing

March 25 2017, 12:10 AM 

Why the special dispensation for Alastair Cook for the second year running ?

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk