March 26 2017 at 9:25 AM
YorkTyke  (Login YorkTyke)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Idle Man
(Login Idle_man)

Re: Tim Bresnan

March 26 2017, 10:37 AM 

"......alongside a load of blokes I grew up with". That's why this is such a great squad, and why grabbing anyone from outside who happens to become available is not the right way forward. It's also why I travel 200 miles to Headingley instead of going to watch the everybody's mixture county down the road.

Great cricketer, great bloke.

Thanks for drawing my attention to the Mail. Never thought I'd say that.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

March 26 2017, 12:09 PM 

Every year, without fail, the Daily Mail prints something that is true - and that's their contribution for 2017.

Brezzy is the Yorkshireman's Yorkshireman, to be relished. It has been a privilege to watch him play, and I was lucky to see his List A debut at 16, sitting in the old Winter Shed stand with his mum and his brother just in front of me. He had no name on his shirt, and they had to tell us who he was. He didn't look sixteen! More like 25.

I was present at the MCG to see him take the wicket that won the Ashes, in 2010.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/forwarddefensive/albums/72157630243181760

People on this forum have been dismissive of his batting also: "Not good enough to bat at 5 or 6." On what they base that opinion I have no idea. I was also present to see his partnership (366*) with Jonny B at Riverside. A cricketer for all seasons, and all situations.

Now, let us hope, he is fit to bowl again properly, not quite at the 85+ mph of his pomp, perhaps, but well enough, and fast enough.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

March 26 2017, 2:12 PM 

The best all round player in county cricket over the past two or three years in my opinion.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

I'm in favour of Tim!

March 27 2017, 7:47 PM 

I might not have delved into the mail online for any other player.

(Login A_Pint_Please)

April 4 2017, 2:54 PM 

speaking as a Lanky from over the bright side of the hills, Tim Bresnan has been and still is a credit to his profession.
Gets on with it with either bat or ball , gives 100% for his team , a fabulous cricketer. First pick in anyones Fantasy cricket team.
(hope he has a stinker against us though of course!! happy.gif )

(Login dpressed)

April 4 2017, 5:46 PM 

Good post APP!!!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk