<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: New T20 comp.

April 28 2017, 3:45 PM 

We will not get any Indian players. The Indian Cricket Board do not allow any of their players to play in any other T20 competition apart from their own.

Neil
(Login BCTyke)

April 28 2017, 3:50 PM 

I agree about a subscription for reasonable cost.

I live in Canada, so there is no chance for me to get to see live cricket through the turnstiles, but I want to support County Cricket and to actually see some.

Tyke1950
(Login Tyke1950)

April 28 2017, 4:16 PM 

I suspect the ECB will be working very hard with the Indian authorities to pull off some sort of deal re Indian players.

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

April 28 2017, 4:24 PM 

The Indians are currently holding the ICC to ransom about pulling out of the Champions Trophy because they fundamentally disagree about revenue sharing. I doubt this is the moment to ask them to reconsider their stance of the last however many years.

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

Re: New T20 Comp.

April 28 2017, 7:26 PM 

(Login ThirdUmpire)

April 28 2017, 8:04 PM 

We are three years away from the new circus in town and by then the IPL will have been bled dry, disbanded due to corruptness and all the Kumar seamers will need to earn some brass from somewhere.

Just don't bring RAVI SHASTRI and his booming voice with you please.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

April 28 2017, 10:01 PM 

I think cricket lovers in the UK are going to have to watch and wait. This 'gold rush' that, of course, casts minds back to Packer in the late 1970s, is going to take a while to shake out.

This could all get very ugly though, as far as the ECB is concerned. The key figures in the ECB have staked all on the new competition being a success. If there is a bidding war for the best players come 2020 (which recent DM and ESPN articles suggest there will be) then the ECB will be in a very weak position as the agents will know that the key ECB execs will be desperate.

The revenue from the tournament will then come in through the front door and exit through the back door to certain 'global brand' players. Or those players will not come (or only a few will) and the competition will not wow the public. Either way, expect turbulence.

Not all that glitters is gold.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 1 2017, 2:52 PM 

There has just been an interview on Sky with our CE re the new T20 comp. - he stated members had been consulted.

No we have not, we have been told that YCC have accepted the new proposals. That is entirely opposite to being invited to discuss the new proposals and vote on them. It was a done deal well before any members forums were held, the Board decided long ago to accept the new proposals.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

May 1 2017, 3:13 PM 

I watched it as well Stu.

'Mealy mouthed' was my comment to my other half.

The new stand deal sounds very complicated going on the 8 sets of lawyers involved in the process.

As Atherton said "Sounds expensive"

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk