<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: Charity evening at Huddersfield YMCA sports Complex

April 4 2017, 6:52 PM 

It's not too many years since I saw Vaughan and Mags smoking in Boleyn's night club in Scarborough - Mags asked me for a light.

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

September 13 2017, 12:11 PM 

After the season we've had. Do we still agree this was the right move by gale to do this the night before the game?.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 13 2017, 12:14 PM 

You want to revisit this from April???? And somewhere else Gale's conduct is being compared adversely with Silverwood relaxing and chatting to spectators. You just can't win.

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

September 13 2017, 12:20 PM 

Simply asking a question Idleman

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

September 13 2017, 12:31 PM 

I missed this piece of nonsense at the time. But how many cricket forums reference Hunter C. Thompson? Respect!

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

September 13 2017, 12:34 PM 

Nonsense? About as much nonsense as Chinese whispers at a 2nd X1 game.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 13 2017, 12:39 PM 

The Silverwood comparison is not about conduct at all so please don't misinterpret. It's about style of management and leadership. I am not doubting Gales conduct as our coach (although as skipper there were of course conduct issues).

It's to highlight that one has a more relaxed open style and the other seems more intense and hands on. One has of course had some time and distance away from the team he coaches and the other played with them all last season. But seeing Silverwood where he was mid match suggested he knew he could have little influence in the afternoon session and his input would be before the game and perhaps at the intervals.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 13 2017, 1:29 PM 

I completely accept that and by and large I agree with your thoughts. It was the criticism of Gale for having an evening elsewhere I was addressing.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

September 13 2017, 1:53 PM 

You're quite right, Kevin, the "Chinese whispers" argument was nonsense. I've checked again with my source and they're perfectly clear about what they understood and the account they gave me is clear. But it's hearsay and, barring some dramatic developments, I won't be going any further with it on this forum.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 13 2017, 2:05 PM 

You did well to locate your source. Seen as a week ago you thought you had discovered the tale via the forum!

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

September 13 2017, 4:37 PM 

When I thought about it, I knew who'd told me. I just thought the version I'd been given was also the version that had been accepted on the forum. That was almost certainly a misremembering.

[I've edited this at 5 pm, as the reply I originally gave wasn't STRICTLY accurate. But I can't say much more or my source will become identifiable and, as it's possible they spoke "out of turn", I don't want that to happen.]

This message has been edited by Dewsburian on Sep 13, 2017 5:07 PM

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk