<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Charity evening at Huddersfield YMCA sports Complex

April 1 2017 at 12:04 AM
Kevin Owens  (Login kevinowens)

For anybody interested. Thursday 6th April a evening with Gary Sykes, Eorl Crabtree and our very own Andrew Gale. Dress attire is lounge suit for men and evening dress for women. 3 course meal and some raffles and auctions plus each sportsman taking questions. I believe tickets are £40

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Re: Charity evening at Huddersfield YMCA sports Complex

April 1 2017, 12:27 AM 

Was about to post questioning the timing til i realised today's date.

Good one!

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

Not a April Fool

April 1 2017, 12:42 AM 

Sadly not Dwight. This is legit

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

April 1 2017, 8:22 PM 

I seem to remember our own Yorkshire chairman taking a swipe at the Durham team for being involved in an evening function the night before a CC game against Yorkshire, saying the players had a few drinks and stayed up until 1am while the Yorkshire lads were tucked up in bed.

Not a good example to be led by the new head coach on his first major match - particularly when Liam Plunkett has been disciplined for a late night out before a match, same with Ollie Robinson and I believe Glenn Maxwell.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

April 1 2017, 10:13 PM 

Perks of not being a player anymore I would have thought.

(Login Fozzie1973)

April 1 2017, 10:37 PM 

Maybe our coach will make it to the evening session of the first day of the season if we are lucky

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

Come on chaps..

April 3 2017, 3:49 PM 

This is a charity dinner in Huddersfield.
You're making it sound like a weekend from Fear and Loathing in las Vegas....
I think Andrew is perfectly capable of enjoying a couple of glasses of wine with his dinner and still make it in time for the start of play on Thursday.
If anything we should congratulate him for finding the time to support a local charity. Id be much more disappointed if he WASN'T supporting an event like this.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

April 3 2017, 4:22 PM 

I dread to think how much abuse Gale will get on here this season if Yorkshire dare to lose a game of cricket - you know, like ALL teams do!

Idle Man
(Login Idle_man)

April 3 2017, 5:13 PM 

Of course it's good that he's there. And the one occasion I went to an evening attended by Andrew Gale, he drank nothing but soft drinks for the entire evening.

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

April 3 2017, 11:19 PM 

The timing of this engagement could be better timed (i.e. October to March) and not when the event is scheduled 12 hours before the start time of a County Championship opener. When there has been recent history of Yorkshire players disciplined for a night out before a match or major training session, it is understandable for spectators to have reservations of a senior member of staff partaking in non-cricket engagements.

Idle Man
(Login Idle_man)

April 4 2017, 7:43 AM 

It depends on what you mean by a 'night out'. Do we want the players and coaches wearing electronic tagging devices and required to remain at home and go to bed by 10 p.m.?

Anglian Exile
(Login AnglianExile)

April 4 2017, 8:10 AM 

Fully agree with Steve C and Idle Man on this. If we can't trust our former captain and current coach to give up his evening for a local charity event we really are in a bad way.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

April 4 2017, 12:08 PM 

Nobody here is suggesting charity work is a bad thing, so to use that angle to try make others look bad is embarrassing.

The timing is terrible, he should be plotting the demise of Hants that night, soft drinks (laden with vodka) doesn't excuse that.

Charity work is indeed something to be commended but do it during the off season or between matches with a reasonable gap. If he were to partake in a Charity Golf tournament on the day of match is that ok because it's for charity?!

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

April 4 2017, 3:19 PM 

Incredible that anyone can find fault in what Gale is doing here!!

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

Re: Charity evening at Huddersfield YMCA sports complex

April 4 2017, 3:44 PM 

I'm guessing you guys aren't interested in this event. Myself personally I'm not neither. What do they want with Gale?, He's hardly a major crowd puller!. Just thought I'd let his fans on here know about it

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

April 4 2017, 3:47 PM 

Yes, while I would love to see the WRF back on the official website, there are occasions when I'm left thinking 'I hope none of the team read this nonsense'. The sooner the championship season is underway the better.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

April 4 2017, 3:51 PM 

Soft drinks laden with vodka.
Lord a mercy.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Bunker

April 4 2017, 6:09 PM 

They may need to build a 24/7 situation room at Headingley and put a bunk bed in for Galey to do all his plotting.

Shock horror, at Scarborough some of the team have been seen in an actual Public house, pretending to take part in a charity pub quiz, actually during a four day game!

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

April 4 2017, 6:18 PM 

The only thing that surprises me about this thread is that people are surprised by the moaning! What was this forum like during the tedious pre-Gillespie/Gale partnership years? Was prozac freely available to members? 😉

(Login dpressed)

April 4 2017, 6:45 PM 

As a noted moaner (who actually managed to post a long moan about a match when the forum was taken over by someone posting 'non cricket rubbish' in the early 2000s) I can confirm that we've never needed drugs to get us back on course.

I'm also old enough to remember wandering round the pubs/bars of Scarborough so we could find the team. So the coach speaking at an event the night before we play a very weak Leeds/Bradford team is a total non event to me.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk