<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Members Survey

April 3 2017 at 2:56 PM
Steve C  (Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

Just filled in my members survey..
Can you imagine the feedback which the club must get when they send out things like this...
They must absolutely dread it.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Young Clogger
(Login YoungClogger)

Re: Members Survey

April 3 2017, 4:22 PM 

I had to rack my brains to think about what I felt about my "membership experience", as it's been 7 months since I had any. My one suggestion for improvement was "cheaper beer."

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

April 3 2017, 4:58 PM 

I suggested making full cooked breakfasts available in the Long Room and somewhere to buy the days paper...

Both thing which are available at lots of other grounds around the country.
I actually think our shop is dreadful - first game of the season and we have no new stock..

(Login BrickyardBoy)

April 3 2017, 7:24 PM 

Good quality ice-cream and a more seminal cuisine offer, together with reciprocal agreements with other counties, would not go amiss.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

April 3 2017, 8:31 PM 

With the sad demise of Stumps, the lunchtime offering is indeed pretty much non existent. Also agree with the poor merchandising. I often think they prioritise online orders over actually stocking the shops properly for shopping in person

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

April 3 2017, 9:14 PM 

Filled in the survey - suggested a members pavilion behind the bowlers arm which members can actually go in and use instead of the monstrosity we have at the moment, along with several other ideas..

I welcome the survey and praise the club for the initiative, but I have as much chance of getting ANY of my suggestions implemented (and none of them were outlandish), as me taking a trip to Mars!!!

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Apr 4, 2017 8:46 AM

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

April 3 2017, 9:57 PM 

What about the club re-establishing some sort of relationship with the oldest county cricket forum in England - the White Rose Forum? It Seems curious that the club we support essentially ignores such a potentially valuable resource and source of feedback.

Alex
""

This message has been edited by AlexRoberts on Apr 3, 2017 9:58 PM

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

Poison pill alert!

April 3 2017, 11:27 PM 

Hey guys, you've really got to watch this kind of survey

There is a poison pill question, about five or six screens in -- Which TWO things do you most value about your membership?

Designed so that most people are likely to respond Entry to Headingley and Scarborough (pretty obvious) and Access to the Long Room (warmth when it's cold, shelter when it's raining, sense of privilege).

That means very few will include "Voting Rights" in their top two.

And three years down the road, someone on the Exec is going to say at an AGM "We consulted members about what they value about membership a couple of years ago, and very few ... in fact I can tell you it was less than ten/twenty/whatever percent ... listed Voting Rights as something that they really valued."

"So now that the Graves Family Trust is offering graciously to convert its debt to the club into equity, although there is a lot of objection at this meeting, I can tell you that the wider membership is not as concerned about this as you noisy lot who are present today".

Even if it's not true, my advice is that you put Voting Rights in your top two. They're not going to shut the Long Room to Members just 'cos you don't claim to rate it.

(And by the way, if you have already done yours and overlooked this little poison pill, I think you can complete the survey more than once. If you have more than one email account, forward the survey to yourself and try it happy.gif. Or even just click twice on your email and start over. Maybe, just maybe, the IT department (do we have one?) is smart enough to pick up the IP addresses and rule out duplicate answers ... but maybe not).

(Login BrickyardBoy)

Poison pill alert!

April 4 2017, 8:24 AM 

WS55

You float some interesting thoughts in your post. I had not thought about the survey in that way, however, as I never use the Long Room, I had not been inclined to list it as one of my attractions of membership and had, in fact, listed Voting Rights as one of my main perceived benefits; along with admission to home games at Headingley and Scarborough.

One of my other comments had addressed the issue of letters from the current captain which indicate that he, an employee of the Club, will be delighted to welcome me, a full, voting member of the Club, to the ground. I pointed out that I did not appreciate this approach as it made me feel like a customer rather than a member.

Perhaps, unwittingly, we were both reflecting a similar unease.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

April 4 2017, 9:10 AM 

I think the club management are more than capable of influencing the overwhelming majority of the membership in such a way that voting rights, for dissenters, are totally meaningless.

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

Members' survey

April 4 2017, 12:22 PM 

Here are one or two points regarding the above.

I believe regret over the demise of 'Stumps' may be premature. I understand it will continue to open on match days but under the auspices of Headingley Experience for the time being, as it lost money heavily last year. This information came directly from a person on the members' committee.
The new stand will include areas for spectators to watch from behind the bowler's arm. I understand, looking at the plans, that these will be both indoor and outdoor.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

April 4 2017, 4:33 PM 

Are there any plans to move the sun to make the new stand a little warmer?

This members' survey - is it online? If so, I've not received one. If it came with a load of written bumf, it's probably due for collection tomorrow.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

April 4 2017, 6:01 PM 

It was on-line.

Perhaps they didn't send you one for a reason Dave!

Otley
(Login Otley)

Members' Survey

April 4 2017, 6:30 PM 

I used the last box ("Further comments") to make the point that I don't want the cost of full membership to go up to allow access to matches of a franchised T20 team that isn't Yorkshire. Even if it has the name, for me it should be a totally separate entity if the players are selected by auction. I just wanted to take the opportunity of the survey to make the point at this stage. I hope I'm wrong but It's quite easy to see the price being bumped up in 3 years time to pay for something that isn't "my team".

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

April 6 2017, 1:24 PM 

I must be on the Leicestershire emailing list. I got an email explaining their new member benefits, complimentary tea, coffee and pastries before the start of a days play.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

April 6 2017, 2:27 PM 

VG for the Leics members. Can not see it happening at Headingley or Scarborough.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk