<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Injury news

April 11 2017, 8:24 PM 

None of them. Their official overseas player is Bailey. For their next match they will have one more overseas.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

April 11 2017, 10:50 PM 

I can answer that one. George Bailey is their overseas, and wasn't playing! [Ah, you beat me to it, Stu.]

Edwards bowled fast in the afternoon of day 1. Not so quick in the morning session, and not quick in the second innings. He is getting on a bit. But he's still capable of the surprise ball, the yorker or the bouncer.

All the Hampshire bowlers bowled 'good Headingley lengths' except, perhaps, young Wheal, and he is quick, make no mistake.

Willey to open, probably with Coad, but Fisher in too. If Bresnan okay, Rafiq misses out, for me, but Coad's advance will put pressure on Patto at some stage, which is how it should be. Willey has a chance to claim Sidebottom's place, long term, if his England duties permit. He seems to swing the white ball okay, though I've only seen that on TV.

At least we're beginning to see a few alternatives for the future. Shaw wasn't terrible, you know.

This message has been edited by DaveMorton on Apr 11, 2017 10:51 PM

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

April 11 2017, 10:59 PM 

Rafiq should miss out anyway, for Rashid.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

April 11 2017, 11:28 PM 

Is Rash back? So soon? God, he'll be bloody exhausted by the time he has to play Ireland, in the really important matches.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk