<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Gala Dinner

April 12 2017 at 12:19 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

from the OS

"Yorkshire County Cricket Club and Club Partner Skipton Building Society are offering supporters the chance to win two places at the 2017 Gala Dinner.
The showcase dinner will take place at The Centenary Pavilion, Elland Road on Thursday 5th October. As well as rubbing shoulders with the Yorkshire players......

We are strapped for cash, 23M in debt and shortly going £40m in to debt, but we pay to have a YCC event at another venue, when we have several other options within Headingley. Crazy!!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JollyD
(Login JollyD)

Gala Dinner

April 12 2017, 12:34 PM 

As the Skipton Building Society, one of Yorkshire's sponsors, is hosting this event, it is probably costing the county nothing. Moreover, the Centenary Pavilion has a much larger capacity than any of Headingley's facilities.
More guests equals more profit for the club, so it makes perfect sense.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Gala Dinner

April 12 2017, 12:51 PM 

I take your point, but zero "venue hire" costs also equals more profit.

This would suggest that YCC are hosting and paying for the venue hire.

From the OS ----- **Please note, the Gala Dinner is provided by The Yorkshire County Cricket Club and Skipton Building Society accepts no responsibility for the event.

We should be utilising Headingley at every opportunity possible (meetings, wedding receptions, pop concerts etc) to maximise our income.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Apr 12, 2017 1:08 PM

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

April 12 2017, 1:27 PM 

I agree with you both!

I've attended events at the Pavilion, Elland Rd and we've nowhere comparable at Headingley. For this event we probably have to go off-site. However Headingley is chronically under used. The Guardian last weekend had a brief overview of the financial state of each county, our turnover is one of the more modest ones. Non-cricket income at say OT or Edgbaston dwarfs what we generate.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

April 12 2017, 2:00 PM 

So do the facilities at those grounds.

With regard to a venue hire fee it is quite normal for a vnue to waive this should the anticipated numbers generate enough bar/food revenue.After paying for that then the ticket profit, after expenses, eg speakers/entertainment is Yorkshire's.

Therefore more tickets sold, due to the venue size, equals more profit for the club

(Login ThirdUmpire)

April 12 2017, 5:39 PM 

Yes I've attended corporate functions at both Headingley and Elland Road and the numbers you can get at each place in one room are hugely different. My concern is our ability to fill the room at Elland road if we don't have a trophy to parade.

Elland Road will be easier for access, parking etc too I presume although the beer at both places tends to be crap

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk