<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP | Warwickshire vs Yorkshire at Birimingam (Day 1)

April 14 2017, 5:27 PM 

Frustrating.

Great performance so far.

Weather looks o.k tomorrow and Monday but a bit iffy on Sunday. Here's hoping.

JG
(Login _JG_)

April 14 2017, 7:35 PM 

Very good day overall- another fairly easy chance put down from Lyth the only real negative (aside from the poor weather), with Rashid's googly to bowl Patel the highlight for me.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

April 14 2017, 8:36 PM 

It was a frustrating day - i seemed to spend most of it watching the groundsmen. The covers were off and on 7 or 8 times - they must have been more exhausted than the players...
Coad was accurate and successful - i dont see any magic powers in his bowling apart from accuracy and consistency but it seems to be working for him. Can anyone else explain his success...?
Adil's wicket was a joy but Ballance should have bowled him at least half an hour sooner..
And we may may need to move Lyth if he doesnt rediscover his catching hands soon.
I'd forgotten how friendly all of the staff are at Edgbaston - the staff at Headingley really could learn a lot - once you get past the comedy accents and accept that people really DO talk like that...

i was amazed that the Warwicks members were so relaxed about their collapse - it felt as if they expecting it from the outset.

Nice beer in the members lounge too.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk