<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Other Matches (Week 2)

April 14 2017 at 11:01 AM
CaravanShaker  (Login CaravanShaker)

Some interesting games today - Durham v Notts should be quite good, and I shall be spending the next few days working out how both Middlesex and Hampshire can lose their match.

On a side note, Ben Sanderson has managed to get himself an astonishing average for Northants - more than ample compensation for Willey, I reckon.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

Re: Other Matches (Week 2)

April 14 2017, 11:14 AM 

In division one I expect Surrey, Middlesex and Somerset all to win convincingly this weekend. Perhaps all within three days.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

April 14 2017, 1:37 PM 

Another poor performance by Glamorgan.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

April 14 2017, 4:04 PM 

Lancs playing four players today who have played test cricket for a team other than England.

A few others have three and last week of course Hampshire had four without any of them being the official overseas player.

Bonkers

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

April 14 2017, 5:24 PM 

Must admit I scoffed at Lancs signing Chanderpaul but it looks like he still doesn't like getting out.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

April 16 2017, 4:39 PM 

Good starts for the two relegation favourites in Hants & Essex.

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

April 16 2017, 4:56 PM 

It's always good to come back and see how wildly wrong your predictions were. Well done Essex.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

April 17 2017, 2:57 PM 

Poor start from Durham. Bad enough with minus 48 points and now a loss in their first game.

Impressive start by Hampshire - beaten the 2015 & 2016 champions, and maybe another win today against the current champions.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

April 17 2017, 3:06 PM 

Hampshire-Middlesex game poised at one of those magic 4-day game passages of 'next 3/4 of an hour' of play.
We want a draw, rather than a Hampshire win, but the question is can Middlesex's last two spin it out?
If Hampshire winkle them out in the next two overs, it's an easy chase of 160 off 40 overs.
But if Middlesex's last men can whittle it down to 35, with 175 to score ... Hampshire still favourites, but just
If they can get it down to say 32 overs, and 190, it begins to look different ...

JG
(Login _JG_)

April 17 2017, 3:08 PM 

Two very strong bowling attacks in that Notts-Durham game: Ball, Pattinson, Gurney, Onions and Wood all have international caps while Rushworth has been one of the best bowlers on the county circuit for the past few seasons. Durham's batting does look weak with the loss of Stoneman and Borthwick but I suspect that their bowlers will be too much for a lot of Div Two sides.

Abbott doing the business for Hants again.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

April 17 2017, 3:48 PM 

Well, there we are. 190 needed off 32 if they get a wicket now. Poised.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

April 17 2017, 4:12 PM 

Hants now need 7 plus, nearly an over.

Should be a draw, but could be some fireworks.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

April 17 2017, 4:51 PM 

Everybody shaking hands at 5.00 by the look of it.
So we're sitting at the top alongside Surrey.
That'll do, after last week.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

April 17 2017, 5:03 PM 

... sorry, my arithmetic is as bad as cricinfo's. Missed out other teams' bonus points sad.gif

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

April 17 2017, 5:04 PM 

I need to apologise to Rob Newton, and all of Northamptonshire. I turned on the radio and got him out on 98.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

April 17 2017, 7:21 PM 

I never at any stage thought that Middlesex or Surrey would lose today.

Both appear to be 'strong units' and will be the teams to beat this season.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk