<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

CHAMPIONSHIP | Warwickshire vs Yorkshire at Birmingham (Day 2)

April 15 2017 at 3:09 AM

WRF  (Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Apr 14-17, 2017 - at Edgbaston, Birmingham

Warwickshire 152-8 (48.3 overs)

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Edgbaston Weather

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login ExiledinNotts)

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP | Warwickshire vs Yorkshire at Birmingham (Day 2)

April 15 2017, 8:53 AM 

Just setting off on the train, let's hope the weather is ok.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

April 15 2017, 9:39 AM 

Looks ok today, but doubt if we will get a full last two days. Hope you have a great day and all others travelling. I shall be watching the on-line streaming. The on-line streaming has also a link to it on the OS.

We should play 104 overs today, as the rule change allows for any time lost on the first two days to be made up on subsequent days.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Apr 15, 2017 9:58 AM

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

April 15 2017, 9:52 AM 

Hopefully a full days play today. As long as their last two wickets don't put on too many runs our match won't be any further behind than the others but if the forecast is to be believed a draw has to be the favourite result.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

April 15 2017, 11:19 AM 

Looks like the usual Warwickshire batting performance in the past few years. Nowt much from the top 5, then the lower and middle order triple their score. 88 since the 7th wicket went down!!

And now the wicket!!

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

April 15 2017, 11:50 AM 

Why was Rashid taken off with only last man to be removed - maybe Gale's influence of seamers must bowl in the mornings!? That did the trick - well done Bressie. Now we need some good sensible batting and improving weather through afternoon.

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Apr 15, 2017 11:53 AM

menston yccc
(Login menstonyccc)

April 15 2017, 12:26 PM 

feels this is going to be a tight game

we have really let them off the hook with the lower order runs which could be decisive

I have little faith we will materially exceed their score assuming we match it

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

April 15 2017, 12:27 PM 

Is there live screening today - does anyone have the link please?

Ws55
(Login WibseySimon55)

April 15 2017, 12:32 PM 

Never seen Adam look so uncomfortable. Played and missed half a dozen times against Barker, then out first ball to the less threatening Wright. Poor game he's having.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

April 15 2017, 12:36 PM 

Apart from bowling Rash a little earlier yesterday not sure what more our bowlers could have done. A bit like us Warwickshire have tailenders with decent averages. Even H-D had a first class high score of 40. Always possible that someone will score a few runs. For me the bowlers have done their job. If we can't get a decent lead it will be a poor batting performance

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

April 15 2017, 12:42 PM 

Alibor the link is here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xrCYcsM5L80

Perhaps when a match is being streamed (is it only Warwickshire that provides this?) a link could be given on the original post at the start of the thread where the link to the score card and radio commentary are.

For all the talk of cricket not being available on free television i'm sure with a bit of imagination it could be available to an even larger audience. Who'd have thought fifteen years ago that you could watch a county championship match almost anywhere in the world on your telephone of all things. I hope more counties embrace this sort of thing.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

April 15 2017, 12:46 PM 

Many thanks Tom. I used yesterday's URL and then realised I was watching day one play!! Yes it would be good if link could be shown without the header each day for ease of reference/access. As you say, it is amazing that we can watch these CC games from home, especially if you live so far away from a venue.

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Apr 15, 2017 12:54 PM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

April 15 2017, 1:17 PM 

Yes it is great that we have this new technology. My link stopped after so long today, so I wonder if there is a time limit on it? Anyone else had any problems? Must be a godsend for supporters who live a really long distance away.

I also had trouble finding todays play, as "youtube" kept defaulting to yesterdays play, but I did it as a "search".

I have not worked out how to rewind yet either, this new technology to much for an old fogey like me!!

(Login ThirdUmpire)

April 15 2017, 1:20 PM 

So Rashid is taken off and one theory is that it's the coaches fault. But last season it was the skippers fault when this happened so what's changed?

just grazing
(Login Justgrazing)

April 15 2017, 1:28 PM 

I found the link just in time to see Lyth get an absolute shocker. Rewound to create an action replay and his bat was miles from the ball.

menston yccc
(Login menstonyccc)

April 15 2017, 3:15 PM 

frustrating handscomb looked really good in the first innings v hants and in this innings and then plays a loose shot and gets bowled

he looked well in for a ton

we are still well placed but need someone to get a century

we cannot always rely on ballance

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

April 15 2017, 3:21 PM 

Interesting to see Handscombe in action - nice positive strokeplay and used feet well against spinner. Pity he did not get the ton but we should surely build a useful lead from here with the depth we have in batting for this game - hopefully 😀 Come on Jack!

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

April 15 2017, 3:36 PM 

Weather, light and batting ability permitting we could be 100 ahead by close with the extra overs. We seem to have been saying this for the last 12 months but Leaning really does need a score here. Are there any number of runs that could keep him in the side for the match against Hants? With Root to come in I doubt it.

just grazing
(Login Justgrazing)

April 15 2017, 4:09 PM 

We seem to be achieving some cohesion in our top order so surely better to stick with those who will be available throughout the season rather than create problems just to give Root a game. I would suggest the answer is to allow Root to travel as 12th man but beat Hants without him. Adding Bairstow will give extra depth without the disruption and significantly strengthen the side.

ECB don't need us and we certainly don't need them.

menston yccc
(Login menstonyccc)

April 15 2017, 4:32 PM 

just grazing if only it were true and I suspect your post is not serious

as much as we prefer it were not the case we would not have a club without the monies from ecb which help keep us just about afloat

to be honest also this is a seriously challenging season so we need our best players out

great over from hannon dalby there game back in the balance without ballance sadly

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk