<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

CHAMPIONSHIP | Warwickshire vs Yorkshire at Birmingham (Day 3)

April 16 2017 at 4:30 AM

WRF  (Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Apr 14-17, 2017 - at Edgbaston, Birmingham

Warwickshire 178 Yorkshire 295-6 (89 overs )
Yorkshire lead by 117 runs with 4 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Live Streaming
Edgbaston Weather
""

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP | Warwickshire vs Yorkshire at Birmingham (Day 3)

April 16 2017, 7:16 AM 

Doesn't look like we'll get much, if any, play today. If they do manage to get out there at any point, quick runs are required.

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

April 16 2017, 7:42 AM 

I am far from a weather expert but this suggests we are ok:

http://m.accuweather.com/en/gb/edgbaston/b15-2/hourly-weather-forecast/321777?ptab=o&day=1

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

April 16 2017, 9:15 AM 

Possibly 1/2 a days play today. Bat till close and declare and give us a day to bowl them out again. Any time lost today can not be made up tomorrow.

The link for the live streaming is on the first posting, but no watching for me today. 90th birthday celebrations for my mother-in-law, so no tv today for me.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

April 16 2017, 9:30 AM 

Last year I saw two days of Warwickshire and observed the difference in body language and attitude of Englsnd discards Bell and Trott. Any observations in this game?

Bell struck me as a man going through the motions at the back end of a career whilst Trott was as intense as usual and fully engaged. Still the same?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

April 16 2017, 9:38 AM 

Mixed messages about the weather so we will have to see what, if any, play is possible.

Realistically another two batting points on offer so I suppose we have to try get 350 and then see what the bowlers can do.

Hope to see Willey get a couple of wickets in the second innings.

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

April 16 2017, 11:13 AM 

Bright start. If we can get quickly to 180 or 200 lead...Get them in.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

April 16 2017, 11:25 AM 

Good to see some attacking intent in the chase for batting bonus points....

Actually it's irrelevant as we may as well bat with intent to build a lead and stick them back in asap

JG
(Login _JG_)

April 16 2017, 12:00 PM 

Yes, definitely an occasion in which a desire to score batting bonus points dovetails nicely with the need to push the match along. Looking on course to achieve 4 points and a decent lead in good time anyway!

Re: Trott and Bell, I'm not sure about body language but Bell got out to a very loose shot in the first innings, after doing something very similar against Surrey in the first match...

(Bell will probably make a second innings century now...)

This message has been edited by _JG_ on Apr 16, 2017 12:12 PM

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

April 16 2017, 12:34 PM 

Getting near to 200 lead which will be more than useful - keeping fingers crossed for fine weather so we can finish the job 😀
Many thanks for the live screening link - it is great even without any sound commentary.
The wicket seems to have some life - that was nasty one which Patto got - hope Willey will now have a go until lunch interval.
Oh well - another lifter got Willey prodding - but hopefully our seamers will extract something from the pitch and conditions.

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Apr 16, 2017 12:53 PM

(Login ThirdUmpire)

April 16 2017, 12:51 PM 

Well Willey dropped first ball he faced with Coad and then nicked another which Ambrose clung onto.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

April 16 2017, 1:47 PM 

Willet on a hat trick - Trott first ball 😀 Will have to wait until next over. If rain stays away, we could wrap this game up today.

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Apr 16, 2017 1:49 PM

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

April 16 2017, 2:14 PM 

Bell and Trott out for 25 runs between them in the match, can't argue with that.

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

April 16 2017, 2:15 PM 

Absolutely incredible display so far. Great response.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

April 16 2017, 2:18 PM 

Warwick appear to be a badly led, semi-interested shambles, but you can only play what is put in front of you and this is a much more promising performance from the team. Coad will not always bowl in such helpful conditions, but his disciplined line is impressive. Only ever a matter of time before he got Bell. Willey much better line too this innings. Some useful knocks in our innings too, although the batting mainstays of Lees, Lyth and Leaning have had 9 innings between them now and had no 50s. Catching needs to tighten up as well. If Root, Jonny et al. are coming in for the Hampshire game, then I think Lyth's position is up for grabs. One or two might benefit from not thinking they are a cert to play, with Lyth perhaps one of them.

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

April 16 2017, 3:10 PM 

Covers coming off now, light may be an issue though. Still more play than I think most expected and even if there's very little play today we've got ourselves in a position to be able to finish it off tomorrow.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

April 16 2017, 3:15 PM 

3.25 restart.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

April 16 2017, 3:43 PM 

Wow

(Login WhiteroseDave)

April 16 2017, 3:52 PM 

Unbelievable stuff. I just hope there is enough decent weather in the next day and a half for us to be able to finish the job, inevitably these 2 & Keith Barker will provide a bit more resistance at some point

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

April 16 2017, 3:54 PM 

Coad is great prospect along with Fisher. Would not meddle with our openers for Hampshire match but have Root at 3, followed by Handscombe, Ballance and Bairstow then Bresnan and Rashid and three seamers.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk