<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Martin
(Login Martinh00)

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP | Warwickshire vs Yorkshire at Birmingham (Day 3)

April 16 2017, 4:26 PM 

Nor would I Alibor. Lyth looked in prime form at Headingley and got a good delivery first innings when the ball lifted on him (was walking past at the tome so got a good view) Some say he didn't touch the one he got out to here, so would be silly to leave him out and ask someone to be makeshift opener . Leaning will make way in the knowledge that he will be straight back next game.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

April 16 2017, 4:56 PM 

We are probably fortunate to have had enough play today to reach this excellent position in the match, even if rained off for the day.

MikeBrc
(Login MikeBrc)

April 16 2017, 5:54 PM 

Due to restart at 6.15 pm according to Cric Info.

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

April 16 2017, 5:57 PM 

Not a chance would I drop Lyth.

I have not seen a bowler have such an impact as Coad since Hutchinson a good 15-20 years ago.

Suggested team for next week:

Lyth Lees Handscomb Root Ballance C Bairstow WK Bresnan Rashid Willey Patterson Coad

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

April 16 2017, 6:08 PM 

Steve Kirby had a fairly dramatic impact.

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

April 16 2017, 6:30 PM 

I would have thought Adil Rashid was the last bowler to make an instant impact for Yorkshire, he sure quickly burst onto the scene in the summer of 2006 and made significant contributions with ball and bat to keep Yorkshire in Division One after a horror start to the season.

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

April 16 2017, 6:38 PM 

Congratulations to Ben Coad on his maiden 10-wicket haul. Excellent bowling.

JG
(Login _JG_)

April 16 2017, 6:49 PM 

Brilliant effort.

Would be nice if we could get this finished tonight...

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

April 16 2017, 7:03 PM 

If we get extra half hour, we should put Rashid on next over. That did trick - one to go 😀 Good Lyth at other end - if light fading.

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Apr 16, 2017 7:13 PM

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

April 16 2017, 7:20 PM 

Curses

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

7 for 5

April 16 2017, 8:32 PM 

I can't remember the last time we reduced an opponent to 7 for 5.. Can any of the resident stat-heads cite a previous occurrence, or what Yorkshire's best five wicket start actually was?

menston yccc
(Login menstonyccc)

April 16 2017, 9:39 PM 

brilliant day for the team if we had written a script it would have gone something like it did

thrilling to be able to watch online

we have had the better of the conditions and difficult for batsmen going on and off but there has been a gulf between the teams

with coad he is clearly quicker and taller than appears as he was regularly getting discomforting bounce making the batsmen take their hand off the bat - it happened regularly and I did not see it with other bowlers

Warwickshire are clearly struggling but you can only play the opposition and this has been clinical and encouraging

our performance against hants with the team out is being put in a positive light by the current game - hants look a good team

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

April 16 2017, 10:16 PM 

Hants are a good team and far better than the pundits suggested they would be. They should be though with the amount of International overseas players they have in their team, and another one yet to arrive.

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

April 17 2017, 7:40 AM 

Hants are doing well against Middlesex at the moment.

I did think it was harsh they were considered as relegation favourites. They have recruited well and have some like Carberry and Vince back having not been present last season.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk