<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Live streaming

April 19 2017 at 3:39 AM
Gavin Gray  (Login yorkie1863)

I really enjoyed be appreciated the live streaming of the York's Vs Warks match. Do anyone know if this is/will be available for all matches?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

Re: Live streaming

April 19 2017, 8:29 AM 

Steve Denison has said Yorkshire are looking into it for their home games.
The ECB have paid for HD cameras at all grounds so they can review performances. These are the cameras used by other counties.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

April 19 2017, 11:44 AM 

So the ECB can review performances?

Good god, that's almost an admission they have an interest in the county game!

I presume they mean players and not umpires?

Do they only review the centrally contracted guest county players or everyone?

just grazing
(Login Justgrazing)

April 19 2017, 12:03 PM 

So if the ECB has already paid for cameras to be installed what is Dennison needing to consider?

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

April 19 2017, 12:04 PM 

That's an optimistic view ThirdUmp. Here was I thinking they could spend more time at ECB dinners and less time at chamionship matches safe in the knowledge they can watch the edited highlights later if they really needed to.

Seriously though, this is a great idea. There were always a few hundred watching Warwickshire's very basic fixed point stream. If Yorkshire did this and it was more common knowledge surely we could get more views. Then spend time over the next few years developing / syncing commentary and improving the production (Replays would be quite easy I would imagine) and i'm sure it would be worth their while. It might even generate some form of sponsership.

(Login dpressed)

April 19 2017, 1:53 PM 

I don't see why anyone is worried. I'm sure that'Team England' don't bother to watch county matches, even when they are played at Lords and also on Sky.

Before anyone objects, England picked Ballance for Bangladesh & India (ODI) after it was obvious to anyone who watched the Middlesex vs Yorkshire match that he was totally out of form & needed a good rest. Thankfully Gary got that rest over the winter & is now back scoring runs, for Yorkshire.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk