<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Yorkshire second xi vs Gloucestershire

April 19 2017 at 8:31 PM
JollyD  (Login JollyD)

I went to Headingley today for the first day of the match. On arrival I found it was the second day as the dates had been altered without any prior notice to supporters. Many other spectators were as annoyed as I was.
There were no scorecards and no refreshments were available on the ground, not even a cup of tea. The university facility in the rugby ground was the only place to eat and drink.
Just as the match began, industrial drilling began above the Truman enclosure, continuing intermittently most of the day. Upon enquiry, I was told that the seats on the debenture holders' balcony were being replaced. How long is it since they were installed brand new ? Can we really afford this extra expense ?
When I visited the club shop, I was informed testily by the assistant that there were only four of the new club hats left and that there would be no more. What a poor way to do business.
When it started to rain, I gave up and went home.
I will reserve future visits to second team matches to York, Stamford Bridge, Barnsley and Pudsey Congs. Even Harrogate, with no seating, is more welcoming than Headingley.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

Re: Yorkshire second xi vs Gloucestershire

April 19 2017, 8:57 PM 

You'll also be pleased to know there's an account of the first day's play which includes an interesting reference to Yorkshire's last wicket pair - Ryan (sic) Shaw and Matthew (sic) Wainman!

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

April 19 2017, 8:57 PM 

Agree with the essence of this although to be fair the web had the correct dates for this game, its the members handbook which was incorrect.

Being YCCC, I cant find the game on TCS and we've put nothing on twitter. No day 2 report on the website as yet. Compare and contrast the coverage other counties afford their 2's.

Whats the score?

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

April 19 2017, 9:08 PM 

I go to quite a few second eleven games when Yorkshire are in the Midlands and I invariably have to look at the opposition website to find the venue. The fixture list on Yorkshire's website begins the season with a lot of venues "TBC", which I assume means "to be confirmed". Given that most of these ARE confirmed by mid-April, why is the list never updated?
As an example, the match against Leics. II in mid-May still figures as TBC on the Yorkshire fixture list, though the Leicestershire site has stated for some time that it will be at Lutterworth CC.

Me4791
(Login Me4791)

April 20 2017, 11:17 AM 

Got this response from the club when I emailed after seeing the thread:
Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately there was a change to the start date of the current 2nd XI game, but it came too late to amend the Members books. We did amend the website but appreciate not all Members will have checked this. Apologies if it caused any inconvenience.

Any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Sam Gascoyne
DDI: 0113 2033684
sam.gascoyne@yorkshireccc.com
Marketing & Customer Engagement Executive
Mob: 07933199526
www.yorkshireccc.com
http://yorkshireccc.com/yccc/img/twitter.pnghttp://yorkshireccc.com/yccc/img/youtube.png" alt="[linked image]">

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

April 20 2017, 1:04 PM 

Yorkshire v Lancs 2nd XI next Tuesday, April 25th - the YCCC website has it down as a 50-over Trophy game, LCCC states it's T20. The 11 am start would suggest Yorkshire version is correct, though 2nd XIs often play two T20 games back to back, same day.

Either way, it's at Headingley, so not the most attractive of venues, for reasons that have been aired recently.

More attractive is the game on Thursday, April 27th, which is at York, versus Derbyshire, whose website agrees with ours, that it is a 50-over Trophy match.

But the following week, Tues May 2nd, and Wed-Fri May 3-5th, the away venue for MCC YC is 'TBC' on our website. I can't go, so I'm not personally bothered, but it's pretty shoddy.

Google reveals the 1-dayer to be at Merchant Taylors School, and the 3-dayer at High Wycombe CC.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

April 20 2017, 1:45 PM 

If it helps, the other "to be confirmed" venue is for Lancashire II on 2 August. Lancashire CCC says this game (or games) will be at Blackpool.

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

Yorkshire 2nd xi vs Gloucestershire

April 20 2017, 1:52 PM 

In addition to the above, I see the Yorkshire website has all the Academy games starting at 24.00. So take a torch.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk