<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

No history?

April 24 2017 at 9:15 AM

Dave Morton  (Login DaveMorton)

It's gone! There's no longer any YCCC history on the official site, one page of archive waffle apart. No results, no stats, nothing.

Presumably this is connected with Cricket Archive going commercial.

Any thoughts?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

Re: No history?

April 24 2017, 9:33 AM 

Part of the ECB conspiracy to get rid of first class cricket? Nothing of significance ever happened before T20. Move along and noone better dare suggest otherwise. Kind of like how football didn't exist before the premier league.

In all seriousness it seems like it must be linked to Cricket Archive otherwise I couldn't see any reason for YCCC going to the effort of deleting it. I would have thought Cricket Archive would have come to an agreement with major clubs. Disappointing.

This message has been edited by whiterosetom on Apr 24, 2017 10:43 AM

(Login ThirdUmpire)

April 24 2017, 9:54 AM 

Well we need the WRF to buy one cricket archive subscription and then share the log on.....

Or it's a policy to increase sales of the yearbook

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Money...it's a gas

April 24 2017, 12:40 PM 

Maintaining the website is costing us a fair penny as at it is, what with a N54 per diem based on the level of traffic (which is at record levels, BTW) and our yearly Internet domain registration fee, but with no revenue stream whatsoever. Not to mention the many hours the tireless mods volunteer to keep things working smoothly. However, we'll give it some thought.

Meanwhile GOOGLE "cricinfo yorkshire records"

Alex

This message has been edited by AlexRoberts on Apr 24, 2017 12:44 PM

marsker
(Login marskeman)

April 24 2017, 2:13 PM 

How about a voluntary members levy. I don't mind paying a couple of quid.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

April 24 2017, 4:13 PM 

Ditto

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

No history ?

April 24 2017, 5:12 PM 

Likewise.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

April 24 2017, 5:34 PM 

Same here, well worth it.

Anglian Exile
(Login AnglianExile)

April 24 2017, 5:47 PM 

Same here.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

April 24 2017, 7:19 PM 

Me too.

Alex, you really should ask. Like Wikipedia do, and the Guardian. WRF contributes much more to the sum of human happiness ... (ours anyway).

Not sure how you'd work the mechanics, to be paid in Nova Scotia thalers or groats or whatever, but where there's a will there's a way. We should definitely help you cover the Network 54 costs, especially if they go up with traffic.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

April 24 2017, 8:00 PM 

I too would be only too happy to borrow a few quid from the wife for a good cause.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

April 24 2017, 8:58 PM 

An explanation on the Official website would have been nice.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk