<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

An Evening with Boycott and Aggers

April 24 2017 at 7:05 PM
Steve C  (Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

For those of you unable to get to Headingley for the Roses one dayer next Monday, i thought you might like to know that we have an Evening with Boycott and Aggers at The Lowry in Salford that same night.

Promises to be a hugely entertaining evening by all accounts - and you get your chance to ask the questions you've always wanted to put to the great man..(or Boycott if you prefer...).

Full details here -https://www.thelowry.com/events/an-evening-with-boycott-and-aggers

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
marsker
(Login marskeman)

Re: An Evening with Boycott and Aggers

April 24 2017, 11:17 PM 

thank goodness there is a cricket match on.

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

April 25 2017, 7:17 PM 

Wish i could go, but i will be at headingley. Hope they decide to. Brng it out on dvd if not someone take a camcorder please.

Mart
(Login Wharfester)

April 25 2017, 8:25 PM 

We caught them at Bradford Alhambra on Good Friday - after a 'first class' curry at the 'International' (but thankfully no 'T20 Blast') - and it was all rather entertaining, as you'd expect.

The first half was semi-scripted with several clips and pictures (100th ton & the odd notable runout, natch)) adding to the usual banter; part 2 was a Q&A based around audience questions submitted either by postcard or Twitter (i.e. by postcard).

Overall they covered everything you'd expect and GB was on good form, if not too revolutionary while Aggers did his capable mother-hen bit while occasionally feigning shock at Geoffrey's ribald language (mainly during his affectionate FS Trueman impressions).

All in all it was a fine night out, even if my inner Yorkshireman occasionally whispered 'money for old rope' and certainly glad we went.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk