<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Forgot I had

April 25 2017 at 5:20 AM
Gavin Gray  (Login yorkie1863)

I was in my loft and sorting through the boxes and found some vhs tapes. These tapes have cricket matches on from the late 90's.
Problem is i no longer have a vhs player so i might have to find a way to transfer onto dvd.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login TykeTim)

Re: Forgot I had

April 25 2017, 9:07 AM 

If they're matches featuring Yorkshire*, it might be worth just leaving them up there.

Edit: * or England

This message has been edited by TykeTim on Apr 25, 2017 9:07 AM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

April 25 2017, 10:13 AM 

Gavin - there are several places that copy vhs tapes onto dvd`s. I did one from the 2001 Championship winning year. It is about £10 per DVD, but if the VHS tapes are all short ones, they could be copied onto just 1 dvd.

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

April 25 2017, 11:43 AM 

Thanks Stu. They are full matches. So will look out for somewhere that does transfer.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

April 25 2017, 12:03 PM 

Places that do key cutting, shoe repairs etc normally do them.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

April 25 2017, 1:07 PM 

I've used Max Spielman on Street Lane in Roundhay but that was for old cine tape to dvd!

(Login dikaiopolis)

April 25 2017, 1:58 PM 

If you can lay your hands on a VHS player, you can get a gizmo on Amazon for about £15 which will digitise them onto your PC - then you can either keep them that way, or burn them onto DVD. It would probably work out cheaper than getting them done commercially.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk