<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

lords pavilion

April 25 2017 at 3:54 PM
davedee  (Login standav)

I am going down to Lords for the Yorkshire game, I would very much like to be able to enter the pavilion, would I be able to enter the pavilion with a club Yorkshire card (and be suitably dressed) or would I need a full membership card?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

Re: lords pavilion

April 25 2017, 5:39 PM 

Its definitely worth getting in there if you can - and i doubt whether the Lords Stewards would know the difference between different membership categories to be honest..

If all else fails ask a full member to lend you his card when you go..

(Login dpressed)

April 25 2017, 7:51 PM 

Provided you are suitably attired the stewards don't care too much. One my first visit to Lords 30 years ago we were sat at the Nursery End with a retired gent who was born in Yorkshire but had lived down south since he was a kid. Thankfully the gent was wearing a jacket & tie so a mate just passed him his membership card. As we were going we took the bloke for a look in the pavillion. It made the gent's day.

Anthony Bradbury
(Login buckhursthill1)

Lords Pavilion

April 25 2017, 8:53 PM 

The stewards at the Pavilion are now much more careful in checking MCC membership cards which have photographs within them. MCC members are being suspended for a season or two for lending out their cards. An MCC or Middlesex member can however take a guest into the pavilion (suitably dressed!)

Alternatively I believe you may be able to enter the pavilion on a pre or post match day if you go on a Lord's tour but you may need to telephone 0207 616 8595 at Lords to check this out.

davedee
(Login standav)

lords pavilion

April 26 2017, 2:46 PM 

thanks for that guys' I shall look for a kind member, who may lend me his card for an hour

Saltburn senior
(Login Saltburnsenior)

April 26 2017, 7:53 PM 

Just the one? What about Dozy ,Beaky ,Mick and Tich ?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Dress code.

April 26 2017, 8:45 PM 

As Yorkshire Memberships have no photo borrowing one should not be a problem. If your name is Arthur try not to borrow one from Doris, just in case the steward is awake.

Following from the Lords website, so make sure you dress proper.

Visiting Members are entitled to some special privileges when they visit Lord's to take on Middlesex.

Entry to the Pavilion for County Members

Other than on NatWest T20 Blast match days, members of the eighteen First-Class Counties, on payment of the ground admission charge and on production of their county membership pass, may enter the Pavilion at Lord’s on a day when their county is playing.

They are not permitted to bring guests into the Pavilion. Junior members are not permitted in the Pavilion under the age of twelve.

All county members must be dressed in accordance with the Pavilion Dress Regulations.

Entry to Members' Friends' Enclosures for County Members

On County match days at Lord's, Members of the 18 First Class counties, on payment of the Ground Admission charge and on production of their County Membership card, may enter the Members' Friends' Enclosures at Lord's on a day when their County is playing. All County Members must be dressed in accordance with the Members' Friends' enclosures dress code.
Dress in the Pavilion on Match Days

Gentlemen

Gentlemen shall wear lounge suits or tailored jacket and trousers, shirt, tie or cravat and shoes with socks.

Gentlemen will not be admitted to the Pavilion, including the Pavilion Concourse, unless, on entrance, their dress conforms to this Regulation. Religious, traditional or national dress, or service uniform, is permitted.

The following items of clothing are not-permitted:

Any form of casual shoe; such as beach-style flip-flops, trainers,
espadrilles, plimsolls or any shoe with a rubber-style toe-cap
Sandals and shoes worn without socks
Denim jeans and other denim clothing
Combat- or cargo-style trousers
Zip-up jackets or anoraks (without a tailored jacket)
Pullovers or cardigans (unless worn under a tailored jacket)
Fleeces and body-warmers (unless worn under a tailored jacket)
T-shirts or singlets
Torn, ripped or unclean clothing
Shorts
Tracksuits
Garments in military camoflage colours

Ladies

Ladies shall wear dresses; or skirts or trousers (which may be cropped below the knee) or culottes, with blouses or smart tops, and formal shoes, boots or sandals.

Dresses, blouses and smart tops may be sleeveless, strapless or halter-neck, providing shoulders are covered inside the Pavilion.

Religious, traditional or national dress, or service uniform, is permitted.

The following items of clothing are not-permitted:

Any form of casual shoe; such as beach-style flip-flops, trainers, espadrilles, plimsolls or any shoe with a rubber-style toe-cap
Denim jeans and other denim clothing
Leggings or jodhpur-style trousers (unless worn under a dress or skirt)
Torn, ripped or unclean clothing
Shorts
Tracksuits
T-shirts (manufactured for playing sport or bearing advertising logos or offensive language)
Fleeces and body-warmers (unless worn under a tailored jacket)
Garments in military camou age colours
Bikini tops or tops/dresses showing bare midriff
Strapless tops or dresses (unless worn under a cardigan or jacket)

Bare feet, bare torsos and anyone wearing dilapidated or offensive garments of any kind will not be permitted under any circumstances.

Members or guests requiring exceptions to the Dress Regulations for reasons such as medical conditions must have the prior authorisation, in writing, of the Pavilion Manager.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

April 26 2017, 9:07 PM 

All of which explains, that while I will be attending the Lord's game, I will not be polluting their noble pavilion with my unclean presence.

The good news is: (pensioners' prices 2016) Ground Admission, days 1 to 3, £8. Day 4, free entry. So you could take Beaky, Mick and Tich along with you (they'll definitely be pensioners now) and pay less than you would just for yourself at the outrageous Ageas.

Ball_Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

April 26 2017, 9:52 PM 

Just to say ......
Visiting Members who do not want to dress up are allowed into Members Friends areas. Normally, that would be Tavern Stand, Upper Allen, Lower Allen & Warner Stand.

While the ground is being developed, The Middlesex Room (Allen Stand) is not available to anyone. So......

Middlesex Members & visiting Members are allowed to use the MCC Presidents Box in the Grandstand (midwicket). I was in there for Middlesex v Essex over the weekend & I'll be in there Thursday for a 50 over shindig.

Phil

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

April 27 2017, 12:06 AM 

Though I'm lucky enough to be an MCC member, I have a lot of sympathy with DM's hostility. As if all those rules weren't pompous enough, they provide members with an absurd set of photos of what is and isn't acceptable. Yet an orange and yellow striped blazer, blue shirt, and pink trousers, is apparently perfectly ok.

However, the pavilion is one of the great places to watch cricket. If you really want to get in and are finding it difficult, let me know nearer the time and I'll sign you in as a guest. Quite happy to have the WRF supply my email for that purpose, by the way.

Saltburn senior
(Login Saltburnsenior)

April 27 2017, 9:36 AM 

Plenty of info in the responses for you to absorb.
Looks as though the jodhpurs are out but I'm not sure about your " Henry Blofeld " trousers. Some might consider them offensive - I couldn't possibly comment ! No mention of berets so you might get away with that if you pin a White Rose badge !
Let's hope the weather is kind and the trains are not affected by strike action.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

April 27 2017, 12:14 PM 

Back to Dave's original question. I have been allowed in with a Club Yorkshire card, wearing jacket and tie. And I have also been refused entry with a full Membership card, wearing an anorak.
So it's clear where their stewards' priorities lie. My advice -- dress the part, and have a confident look in your eye as if you've been a hundred times before, and they'll let you in with a cursory wave of whatever plausible-looking card.

When you've been there once, for the sake of it, you'll probably prefer to watch the actual cricket either from the upper tiers of the Allen Stand, or from the seating high at the Nursery End.

davedee
(Login standav)

lords pavilion

April 27 2017, 2:24 PM 

first of all thanks for the replies, Idle man thanks for that offer, that is a superb gesture, I just might take you up on that , As for you Saltburn Senior, if I didn"t know you I would think you were a pro comedian , If you are not careful I will bring the rest of the band next time we are in the Lodge (I wonder if they would like Brett"s fish and chips)

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

April 27 2017, 8:05 PM 

Put your glad rags on and enjoy it. The Lords pavilion is a rare treat for any cricket fan.

And that's from the People's Republic of South Yorkshire.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

April 27 2017, 8:10 PM 

I went to the second day of our final game there last season and actually think sitting opposite to the pavilion is better as you get a better view of the cricket f on an elevated view behind the bowlers arm plus the advantage of looking on to the pavilion rather than the monstrosity of the media centre.

Probably a more informed crowd around you as well.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Never mind the view, feel the history!

April 27 2017, 11:10 PM 

I've never been in the pavilion but I think I will play the game and dress up a bit to have a look inside this year.

Not really interested in viewing much of the game from there but some things are worth making a sacrifice for.

Talking of sacrifice I will also be dressed up a bit so I can go straight to the theatre to watch whatever musical the wife forces me to endure as the price for a trip to that there London.

I pray Billy Elliot has finished! I just can't face it again!

(Login dpressed)

April 28 2017, 3:57 PM 

One thing that hasn't been mentioned. The Long Room Bar (in the room behind the Long Room) has real ale & the food/beer is cheaper than it is outside the pavilion.

Ball-Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

April 28 2017, 4:24 PM 

dpressed makes an excellent point.
I've done 4 days at Lord's in the last week. Marston's Pedigree & Ringwood Razorback on cask in The Long Room Bar. Wainwright on cask in The Bowlers' Bar. Brakspears on cask in The Members' Bar. (All in The Pavilion).

Marston's Revionist Lager & Stout, and 61 Deep Pale on Keg in various bars.

Basically you'll pay £5.00 to £5.50 a pint in the non member bars. But, £3.90 to £4.10 a pint in The Members'areas.

Phil

davedee
(Login standav)

lords pavilion

April 28 2017, 4:33 PM 

now you are talking , for a pint of marstons pedigree I"ll dress up in anything ( well nearly)

Ball-Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

April 28 2017, 5:10 PM 

Oh dear. Mention of Beer in Cricket grounds obliges me to plug my irreverent & often sweary Blog about the pursuit of Beer on my Cricket (& Football) travels. You have been warned.

Blog Address

http://www.ball-sup.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter

http://twitter.com/ball_sup

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk