<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

One-Day Cup | Nottinghamshire vs Yorkshire at Trend Bridge (Match Thread)

April 29 2017 at 3:37 AM
No score for this post

WRF  (Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner
from IP address 24.138.79.74

Apr 29, 2017 - North Group at Trent Bridge, Nottingham

YORKSHIRE from: Gary Ballance (Capt), Jonny Bairstow (Wkt), Tim Bresnan, Matthew Fisher, Peter Handscomb, Jack Leaning, Adam Lyth, Liam Plunkett, Azeem Rafiq, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Matthew Waite, David Willey.

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Weather
""

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Re: One-Day Cup | Nottinghamshire vs Yorkshire at Trend Bridge (Match Thread)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 7:13 AM 

Weather looks o.k, but I'll not risk the shorts.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 10:43 AM 

We won the toss and will bowl first. Leaning and Waite left out.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 12:20 PM 

Got to love this line up. Six bowlers, including two spinners (eight and four if you count Lyth and Root), and batting down to Rashid at 10 and Rafiq at 11.

Spare wicketkeeper opening the batting too.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 12:22 PM 

And I wonder if, next wicket, Ballance will bowl Joe to Billy? That would be something

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 12:37 PM 

The way these two are going, there's not going to be a next wicket

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 12:54 PM 

Good effort Wibsey.

Anyone know who the sub is on for and why?

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 3:45 PM 

Much later...

I've just got in, good news, so far. Excellent Notts collapse, the sort of batting that saw them relegated in the CC last season, from 136 for 3 to 185 all out.

And now we're half way for only two wickets. I'm a bit concerned about Cally's chicken counting, and they've still got lots of overs available from their big three. But we've got lots of batting to come. Surely we're not contemplating Rashid at 10? I'm hoping we don't find out.

106 for 2 now, but I'm still nervous.

This message has been edited by DaveMorton from IP address 2.216.163.68 on Apr 29, 2017 3:47 PM

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 3:59 PM 

Notts runs

4 overseas-born players, 137 for 4
7 English-born players, 48 for 6

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 4:02 PM 

Ahhh, Root to Root, this is cool

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 4:06 PM 

Let's hope billy doesn't uproot Joe.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 4:18 PM 

Clinical stuff.

(Login WhiteShamrock)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 4:38 PM 

And Joe rootlessly (sorry!) hits Billy for six to win the game.

Brotherly love how are ya?

This message has been edited by WhiteShamrock from IP address 185.51.73.238 on Apr 29, 2017 4:38 PM

(Login matthefish2002)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 5:54 PM 

On train home from todays game.
Thought Notts started well with no wickets lost in first power play but just fell apart after that.
Our batting was efficent as it didnt need any fireworks.
Joe hitting his brother for 6 for the winning runs was the stand out moment.

(Login ExiledinNotts)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 6:00 PM 

Good performance today especially pleasing was during the Notts innings we conceded no extras. Great to see Joe back to his best. Bragging rights in my local tonight.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 7:02 PM 

Got back to Brum about half an hour ago. I've struggled to see Yorkshire of late because of added work commitments imposed by "Brexit", but each time I do, it seems to be a crushing win (e.g. Leics. away last year, Warwicks. away this). The game was pretty disappointing, to be honest, being virtually over as a contest by about the tenth over of the Yorkshire innings. A good spell from Broad put a bit of a brake on, but, needing only about 3 runs per over, Root (the elder) and Handscomb took control and it was a bit of a one-horse race.
Two moments stood out for me: Matthew Waite taking handwarmers out to Azeem Rafiq before his first over (and first-ball wicket) and the Notts supporter who said, "At least we'll be home to see Dr Who."
West Bridgford as attractive as ever and the prices in the Oxfam bookshop astonishingly reasonable.
To answer the question above, the sub was on for Plunkett, who seemed to wander off the field at regular intervals. I'd have been a bit miffed about that if I'd been Notts., though he did bowl excellently and just about closed the Notts innings down in the middle overs.

Tyke1950
(Login Tyke1950)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 7:59 PM 

So many good players to watch!
The match was too one-sided to be a classic. Notts were profligate in their batting; a lot of mis-hits and no re-assessment of the situation when the Taylor/Wessels partnership was broken.
Lumb played prettily, as ever; Taylor and Wessels batted wisely - that apart there was little of distinction from Notts. Broad looked to be seeing the ball well but showed a lack of nous when batting with the rest of the tail.
Yorkshire's seam bowling was impressive. Plunkett was the pick, for my money. It was good to see Fisher bowl some decent overs. He tried to keep to a full length. Bresnan was almost as difficult to get away as Plunkett. The wicket was a bit 'stoppy' but nevertheless Notts were 100 runs light.
Yorkshire's catching was flawless and the ground fielding was pretty good as well. I don't recall any extras, which is another reason to praise the attack.
Lyth rode his luck a little but struck some strong blows in a positive opening from he and Bairstow. Broad bowled with some aggression but Pattinson disappointed as did Gurney. Ball bowled tidily. There was nothing for any of the spinners.
Root was in total control and Handscomb was a close second, in terms of skill and game awareness.
This was a clinical performance by Yorkshire and a disappointing one from Notts. I'll be going to Headingley on Monday fairly confident of another win.
Trent Bridge was as welcoming as ever. It's such a well appointed ground with lots of excellent vantage points. The crowd was about 2,500; a companionable number but perhaps a little disappointing considering the quality of players on show. Perhaps the grey skies deterred a few. As always, a good number of Yorkshire supporters made themselves heard.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 8:22 PM 

Relaxing day. The only tension I could feel was a few local old guys listening to see if Forest might win, they didn't so they must worry for another week at least.

Some very sharp catches presented by careless Notts batting and well taken by Yorkshire. The fielding was excellent throughout, it seemed quite a big pitch from ground level, although the boundaries were well in.

Not a spinners wicket but Notts were so far behind that a few lusty blows from Taylor and Wessels barely registered.

Broad may have been the best bowler on show but Plunkett wasn't far behind and it was lovely watching Fisher bowl, he makes it looks so easy. Here's hoping we see a lot more of him in all formats this season.

Gary Ballance got a nice cheer from the good sized Yorkshire contingent for his heroics last week, I think we can do even better on Monday.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 8:56 PM 

Good to hear about Fisher and Plunkett bowling well (not just good figures), and Cricinfo praised Bresnan, too. With Coad's emergence, it is beginning to look more (white) rosy as we start to move from the Fab 4 to whatever lies in the near future.

Excellent to win without excitement! I'll enjoy tension when I'm watching a team I don't really care about, such as England. I just want to see Yorkshire smash everyone, and with as many home-grown lads as possible. Now for the Lankies who, unlike Notts, have very much a home-grown team too.

Watch out for Livingstone - this man is a talent.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

No score for this post
April 29 2017, 9:14 PM 

You've said it all.
Sorry to miss you Chris - i had a lunchtime wander but never saw you.
Not much of a game in all honesty - and it was pretty chill on the top of the Radcliff (sp) road stand.
Their innings was a strange affair - and our bowling was absolutely relentless.
No extras of any sort - and no-one was bowled. As far as i can recall there were no lbws - or even appeals for lbw...? When did that last happen....?

Oh - and i was slightly surprised that Leaning got selected ahead of Lees....?
Not sure how many more chances we're going to give Jack -perhaps his superior fielding made the difference..

This message has been edited by stevecowton from IP address 109.111.194.2 on Apr 29, 2017 9:16 PM

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk