<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RLODC v Lancashire pre-match thread

April 30 2017 at 6:53 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

I assume it is the same squad for the match tomorrow. If so then, for me, Leaning or Waite in for Rafiq. Neither of our spinners bowled well yesterday and both went for over 6 runs per over. It never turns much early season at Headingley (in fact most of the season) so the extra batsman or seamer a better option, IMO.

Lets brake the Headingley hoodoo and win at home for a change!! Three from our first three needed, as with 5 of our best players missing for the last 5 it`s going to be mighty tough to win anymore games.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Loiner
(Login TheLoiner)

Re: RLODC v Lancashire pre-match thread

April 30 2017, 7:16 PM 

Patto and Lees added to squad which might mean some doubts. Forecast is improving, now looking like the rain will move through in the morning then be fine for a full game

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

April 30 2017, 9:12 PM 

I was surprised that Rafiq got the nod over Waite to play at TB.

He did bowl quite tightly during his first spell and he does bring some energy to white ball cricket, so if everyone is fit I would go with the same team. Must be Bairstow's time to shine!

Perhaps Lees and Patto have been called up to cover 12th man and drink carrying duties to give Leaning and Waite the day off. Time will tell.

Not sure about these first 3 games being must win, though I hope they are won, I think the non England men can muster a couple of wins in this competition.

Just listened to Gloucestershire v Middlesex on the radio where, according to Kevin Hand, only Michael Klinger might possibly be good enough to get in the Middlesex team. While Middlesex themselves had another 10 or so not playing who would cruise into the Gloucestershire squad, or any other team in his mind.

Made my day when Gloucestershire won.

Members forum at 10 am if you can get there early enough.

(Login KennyShovel)

April 30 2017, 10:13 PM 

I'd imagine Lees has been included so we have the option of playing two regular openers should we have to start the day facing Anderson in overcast conditions.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk