<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

One-Day Cup | Yorkshire vs Lancashire at Leeds (Match Thread)

May 1 2017 at 3:22 AM

WRF  (Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

May 1, 2017 - North Group at Headingley, Leeds

YORKSHIRE from: Gary Ballance (Capt), Jonny Bairstow (Wkt), Tim Bresnan, Matthew Fisher, Peter Handscomb, Jack Leaning, Alex Lees, Adam Lyth, Steven Patterson, Liam Plunkett, Azeem Rafiq, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Matthew Waite, David Willey.

Scorecard
Headingley weather
Live Commentary (TBA)
""

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

Re: One-Day Cup | Yorkshire vs Lancashire at Leeds (Match Thread)

May 1 2017, 10:53 AM 

Well I'm here at the ground waiting for the match to start. Glad the rain isn't here

Rey
(Login Rey2)

May 1 2017, 11:36 AM 

Would it have been that difficult to hire a few more stewards and opened part of the West Stand?

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

Where is everyone sitting?

May 1 2017, 11:44 AM 

I'm sat just about middle of the east stand.

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

Morton

May 1 2017, 12:10 PM 

When Yorkshire play Lancashire I'm always wondering who Dave Morton wants to win. Because you can't be a neutral! Strikes me more of a Lanky!

Mr. Morton's or any WRF member's cricket allegiance is irrelevant. Please re-read our guidelines which specifically mention "wind-ups."

Alex, moderator

This message has been edited by AlexRoberts on May 1, 2017 2:25 PM

Jay
(Login overman8)

May 1 2017, 12:14 PM 

Usual stuff from the top order, nice starts but unable to push on.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 1 2017, 2:07 PM 

How to throw a won match away in easy lessons!! 60 less than we should have got.

300 on a very good wicket in sunny weather, against a strong batting side, it will be a doddle for Lancs.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on May 1, 2017 2:25 PM

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

May 1 2017, 2:19 PM 

"When Yorkshire play Lancashire I'm always wondering who Dave Morton wants to win. Because you can't be a neutral! Strikes me more of a Lanky!"

I thought defamatory or abusive comments weren't allowed.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

May 1 2017, 2:20 PM 

No doubt that this is a disappointing end to the innings, but I am not at all convinced that this is a doddle for Lancashire. I would rather have bowling line up than theirs. Key will be whether we bowl to our ability.

Couple of observations.

Handscombe went for one shot too many - a shame because he was looking good

Ballance got a touch on his LBW - a few more overs of him at the crease could have made a big difference

Willey at 7 looks too high to me - he comes off one in 20 innings. You either open with him, tell him to swing and accept that he will only come off occasionally, or he comes in very late in the innings. He seems incapable of getting off strike - and if you are coming in at 7 with 8/9 overs left, if you cant hit every ball you must get off strike.

Our hand will be forced after the next game, but playing six front line bowlers PLUS Lyth and Root in this game seems unbalanced. Leaning at six, and then the rest to follow (leaving Rafiq out) feels like a better line up to me

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

Re: One Day Cup | Yorkshire vs Lancashire

May 1 2017, 2:24 PM 

Dewsburian are you serious? If that's offensive in your book then wow!

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

May 1 2017, 2:30 PM 

Ballance batted well, back to his best where he is able to really accelerate through an innings. Shame none of the allrounders made an impact batting, I'd have preffered Rashid in with 7 overs left ahead of Willey.

But still 296 is a good score and we have a good chance, lets keep the extras down again. Don't give them free runs.

Jay
(Login overman8)

May 1 2017, 2:33 PM 

I think Kevin, the tongue was firmly in the cheek with that comment. Very poor ending after such an excellent platform. We should have easily been looking at 330-350. All is not lost, a few early wickets will see us right, though young Hameed does enjoy batting against us.

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

Re: Yorkshire Vs Lancashire

May 1 2017, 2:39 PM 

Thanks Jay glad somebody saw it as cheeky, shame others don't see it like that. Back to the cricket I fancy our attack bowling attack to defend this total. Fell apart in the last 10 overs

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

May 1 2017, 2:57 PM 

Just as a guide, my comments are frequently intended to be humorous. Not sure about some others, though. I think those posters/moderators who are sponsored by The Samaritans ought to have to declare it...

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

May 1 2017, 4:10 PM 

Got some pressure on them now from Plunkett, Rashid and some good stops in the field. If we get Livingstone cheaply we will be in a really good position

(Login ThirdUmpire)

May 1 2017, 4:21 PM 

I'm not too worried about Mr Morton and his allegiance but not sure I can recall the last time a Roses match at Headingley has had two former Lancashire players as the umpires

Jay
(Login overman8)

May 1 2017, 4:29 PM 

Plunkett getting the treatment here, needs a break for a bit.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

May 1 2017, 4:40 PM 

And both Lancashire's coaches were born in Yorkshire.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 1 2017, 4:43 PM 

Livingstone V Yorkshire now. Get him out quickly and we win.

Jay
(Login overman8)

May 1 2017, 4:45 PM 

Stu, Livingstone gone I presume?

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk