<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Mart
(Login Wharfester)

Re: One-Day Cup | Yorkshire vs Lancashire at Leeds (Match Thread)

May 1 2017, 11:53 PM 

A noted psychologist* speaks: "The AO green is a strong, bright and warm colour. It is extremely powerful and should stand the team in good stead for the tournament. The colour is reassuring and the team will feel calm and balanced when wearing the kit. This will help them to focus and they will not lose their cool if the going gets tough."

* presumably with a kitchen full of shiny white metal boxes

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/cricket/lancashires-cricketers-go-green-radical-9724466

All the psychologists I've come across concur that red is the winner's colour (like last year's kit). I'll give it a season, max.

A couple of overs before Matt Fisher's unfortunate drop, he'd been gesturing to the balcony about the sun, so not surprising it went down. Credit for his catching and solid bowling otherwise though: Hameed's wicket was important. It's a shame that Livingstone ruined Plunkett's figures - he'd looked potent until that point, and when he combined with Rashid, Lancs were bamboozled during their first 8 overs going for just 21/1. Handscombe also impressed us with his sharp boundary fielding - do your worst, ECB it could still be a thrilling season!

Disclaimer: ao.com products are great & psychology is a magnificent profession. No offence intended to anyone. Alex - agreed irony's a minefield to interpret online with no tonal or body-language cues. Thanks for your work.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

May 2 2017, 10:05 AM 

I think it's a deliberate play to camouflage them in the field - I've never seen cricketers dressed the same colour as the grass...
Why couldn't we open the western terrace (or whatever its called these days) - it felt a bit crowded everywhere - and surely we should have had more bars open - the queues were ridiculous.
Was it really necessary to chase the kids from the deserted terraces who were only trying to get Joe Root's signature - five kids go it and only one didnt - he was absolutely heartbroken...

Someone needs to have a word with Plunkett - he refused to sign autographs when i was watching him and spent and spent most of the game leaving the field - to the obvious annoyance of the captain who wanted him to bowl. He cant just leave the pitch every other over...

Other than that - very accomplished win even if we should have scored another 40 runs.
At this rate we should steam roll everyone en route to defeat in the final..

(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 2 2017, 10:25 AM 

"At this rate we should steam roll everyone en route to defeat in the final"

True, if we could field that side in every remaining match, but after tomorrow 5 of them will leave us for the rest of the tournament. Then we have a big task of winning enough matches to even qualify without Root, Bairstow, Plunkett, Willey & Rashid. Ireland 1 dayers, training camp, SA 1 dayers and Champions Trophy will take up the next 7 weeks which includes the quarter-finals and semi-finals. Throw in some England Lions matches and it will be a question of "take your kit and you will get a game" or AG & MM coming out of retirement!! (Only joking).

JG
(Login _JG_)

May 2 2017, 10:46 AM 

I think the top order batting below still looks quite strong, at least as strong as what either of our first two opponents have been able to put out anyway.

Lyth
Lees
Handscomb
Ballance
Leaning

Must admit I'm a bit more concerned about the bowling, Waite/ Patterson/ Carver doesn't quite match up to Plunkett/ Willey/ Rashid.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

May 2 2017, 11:06 AM 

Momentum counts for a lot - even with a change of personnel i think we'll still be too strong for most of the competition..
We have Patto and Brooks at some stage - and presumably Coad could bowl in the one dayers too...

I sat next to Spanish Nick yesterday.
It would be good to hear your thoughts on here again....?

TMAC
(Login TMAC10)

Yorks V Lancs

May 2 2017, 12:35 PM 

Lyth has the same issue every innings. Why is no one working on this with him. He flashes wide outside his off stump all the time. I thought Willey bowled very poorly and not like and international

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

May 2 2017, 1:21 PM 

In white ball cricket Adam should flash and flash hard. He's good at it and succeeds often enough. In first class crickcket he has had these problems in the past. He worked hard with good advice to overcome it, Progress was good enough to get him in the England team.

It's early days as far as this season is concerned. I'd wait a few more games before identifying a crisis.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

May 2 2017, 4:34 PM 

I agree Idle Man. That is what he did last season and it turned around our fortunes in the T20 and led to our good showing in the 50 over comp. From what I have seen, Adam is not out of form (quite the contrary), but has not managed to nail a big score.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk