<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RLODC Yorks v Durham pre-match thread

May 2 2017 at 4:53 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

From the OS

Liam Plunkett and David Willey have been made unavailable by ECB to be rested for their game against Ireland on Friday. They have made way for Karl Carver and Ben Coad to make their first appearances in a Vikings squad in 2017.
Plunkett, Willey, Root, Bairstow and Rashid are all due to be available for Yorkshire’s games at Northampton on May 10 and Edgbaston on May 14.
Yorkshire Vikings 15-man squad to face Durham:
Gary Ballance (Captain), Jonny Bairstow (Wicketkeeper), Tim Bresnan, Karl Carver, Ben Coad, Matthew Fisher, Peter Handscomb, Jack Leaning, Alex Lees, Adam Lyth, Steven Patterson, Azeem Rafiq, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Matthew Waite.

So who in for Plunkett & Willey?

Waite & Coad for me.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Martin
(Login Martinh00)

Re: RLODC Yorks v Durham pre-match thread

May 2 2017, 5:11 PM 

Patto was effective in the 50 over comp last season - and I think he varied his pace and lengths well He offers more with the bat than Coad. Coad has more pace and is the man in form. Difficult one to call.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

May 2 2017, 5:32 PM 

I'd go with Waite and Patterson.

Thomas
(Login YorkshireAllOver)

May 2 2017, 6:35 PM 

Waite looks certain to come in, and I think Patterson deserves to play as well

I'd have Waite batting at 7, followed by Rashid, Rafiq, Patterson, Fisher

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

May 2 2017, 7:44 PM 

Lyth
Lees
Root
Handscomb
Ballance C
Bairstow WK
Bresnan
Rashid
Rafiq
Patterson
Fisher

That would be my 11 with Root or Lyth as 6th choice bowlers

I am a believer that 5 front line bowlers is enough if you believe in their quality - Which I do for those 5.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

May 2 2017, 8:27 PM 

I'm going against the flow a bit.

I quite like the Lyth/Bairstow opening pair, it hasn't quite come off yet but, as we have the England men for a couple more matches than we thought, I think it's worth persevering with. If Lees isn't opening he's not in the team in my view so Waite can come in and give us bowling options and some late runs if required.

I like it when the opposition lose a couple of early wickets and I think Coad is more of a wicket taker than Patterson.

Lyth
Bairstow
Root
Handscomb
Ballance C
Waite
Bresnan
Rashid
Rafiq
Coad
Fisher

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what we think, lets see what the coach comes up with.

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

May 3 2017, 12:52 AM 

Waite and Patterson for Plunkett and Willey, though I am surprised Will Rhodes hasn't made the 15 man squad and personally would have gone Rhodes and Waite for a deep batting xi.

I feel pace off the ball could be a decisive factor and this is where Patterson can come in handy. Lancashire (and in particular the highly rated Livingstone) struggled to play against the spin of Rashid and Rafiq.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk