<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bairstow inferno

May 4 2017 at 9:28 AM
Brian  (Login NewBrian)

Bad news for Yorkshire and England, apparently (well, mostly England at the moment). Cause of conflagration not revealed.

https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/5591/bairstow-on-fire-three-weeks-before-odi

Great knock yesterday by the way

This message has been edited by NewBrian on May 4, 2017 9:28 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

Re: Bairstow inferno

May 4 2017, 4:13 PM 

I wonder if he caused the fire in the Magpie Cafe whilst he was in Whitby visiting Adam Lyth?

Haxbyite
(Login Haxbyite)

May 4 2017, 5:28 PM 

Odd thing was that I was at Whitby Abbey early on Sunday (about 11am) and we didn't see sight or sound of the fire that was supposed to have started at 10am that day.

I still think that JB will be carrying the drinks tomorrow but if he performs well in further matches then the England ODI squad beckons.

I had an interesting conversation with a friend from down south today about Alistair Brown, we both thought that in the current England set up he would have got a lot more games.

JG
(Login _JG_)

May 4 2017, 5:43 PM 

Not great grammar in that article either...

I think Bairstow will play in the Ireland games, with Butter and Stokes at the IPL there are a couple of spaces in the middle order which I would expect to be filled by Bairstow and Billings. He'll have to do well to keep his place once they return though.

Ali Brown would have been a great player in this era of cricket.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk