<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RLODC Yorks v Worcestershire pre-match thread

May 4 2017 at 3:54 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

From the OS

Squad news
Jonny Bairstow, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Liam Plunkett and David Willey are unavailable as they join up with England for the ODI series against Ireland.
Yorkshire Vikings 14-man squad to face Worcestershire Rapids:
Gary Ballance (Captain), Tim Bresnan, Karl Carver, Ben Coad, Matthew Fisher, Ryan Gibson, Peter Handscomb (Wicketkeeper), Jack Leaning, Alex Lees, Adam Lyth, Steven Patterson, Azeem Rafiq, Will Rhodes, Matthew Waite.

Hanscomb to keep.

Patterson, Gibson & Carver or Coad to miss out depending on whether we want two spinners or 1 plus Lyth & leaning.

I would go Lees, Lyth, Leaning, Ballance, Hanscomb, Bresnan, Waite, Rhodes, Rafiq, Fisher, Carver/Coad.

Big test now, can we win matches without the 5 Internationals? It would be great if we can as, if we get to the quarters or semis, we will be without all 5 again. If we can do it in the group stages, it should give us confidence to repeat it in the k/o stages with the same team.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on May 4, 2017 4:00 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: RLODC Yorks v Worcestershire pre-match thread

May 4 2017, 3:57 PM 

We've got a lot of momentum, I fancy us to win both tomorrow and on Sunday.

My team:

Lyth
Lees
Leaning
Handscomb
Ballance
Bresnan
Rhodes
Waite
Rafiq
Carver
Fisher

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

May 4 2017, 3:58 PM 

I'm strangely confident.
I just hope the bloody sun continues to shine....

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

May 4 2017, 4:11 PM 

I'd go with Seadog's side.
But with Leaning at 5. Moving Handscomb and Ballance up one.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

Bugger the cricket..

May 4 2017, 4:54 PM 

Do they do cake in the Ladies Pavilion at one day games.....?

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

May 4 2017, 5:25 PM 

They always have done cake. The only exception is usually tea time on day 4 of a 4-day game. Too unpredictable apparently.
The rule at Worcester, by the way, is not to praise the cake you had yesterday within the hearing of the people serving today's. Each day is in the hands of a different voluntary organization and the rivalry between them can be fierce.
One last tip: if a match is finishing well before tea time on day 3, you can often buy a whole cake for about a fiver if you hang around in front of the scoreboard by the pavilion.

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

May 4 2017, 7:53 PM 

I think we need Patto in there. Looks very youthful bowling wise without.

Lyth
Lees
Leaning
Handscomb WK
Ballance C
Rhodes
Bresnan
Waite
Rafiq
Patterson
Fisher

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

May 4 2017, 8:33 PM 

I think the likes of Clarke, Cox and Ross Whiteley would just line Patto up and tee off. The straight boundaries are quite short at New Road. Coad would be a more difficult proposition. Bresnan and Rafiq can cover the experience element.

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

May 4 2017, 8:39 PM 

1st six pick themsleves

Lees, Lyth, Hanscomb, Ballance, Leaning and Bres.

Now it get more trickery, although Fisher, Rafiq and Waite will play.

I cant see Carver bowling much, so maybe Lyth can be the 2nd spinner? Rhodes and Gibson can bowl but I wouldn't be confident in getting 20 overs from the pair. Interestingly Gibson bowled his full 10 for the 2nds on Tues and made runs, which is perhaps a pointer. Rhodes other than his big 2nds hundred at Lancs has not done that much this season. I suspect 'they' want to save Coad for the first class stuff and Patto didnt inspire confidence v Durham.

In addition to my nine definates, I'd gamble with Coad and Gibson.

Lees
Lyth
Hanscomb
Ballance
Leaning
Bres
Gibson
Waite
Rafiq
Fisher
Coad

(Login KennyShovel)

May 4 2017, 9:12 PM 

>> Rhodes other than his big 2nds hundred at Lancs has not done that much this season

Rhodes has scored almost six hundred runs in eight innings for the 2nds his year, including 147 off 148 balls today.

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

May 4 2017, 9:58 PM 

Kenny: Fair enough, slap on my wrist for lack of research. Also good to hear about Rhodes, I've always been a supporter of his. Perhaps I should have said hasn't done much with the ball.

As an aside how have you found the scorecard from today? I've checked the YCCC OS, the MMC young cricketers site, Lords.org and sundary twitter feeds. I assume TCS is the place it'll be and suspect its my hopelessness meaning I cant find it!

Yesterday there was a live stream of the current 2nds match, assume it was there today and again tomorrow. Brooks and Sidebottom both playing and got a few overs in yesterday.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

May 4 2017, 10:00 PM 

Bit worried about the batting. One, or preferably two, of Lyth, Lees and Leaning could do with making a few.

If the openers get knocked off early I would get Ballance and Handscomb in before Leaning.

Lyth
Lees
Ballance
Handscomb
Leaning
Bresnan
Waite
Fisher
Rafiq
Carver
Coad

As Bristol is only an hour down the road, if England decided not to play Bairstow early enough they could release him!

(Login KennyShovel)

May 4 2017, 10:16 PM 

sid:

Video of about half today's play can be found here -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKNFWVFfEp4

Scorecard & video highlights (wks + boundaries) are here -https://www.crichq.com/matches/511262/3rd_innings

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

May 5 2017, 8:01 AM 

Thanks Kenny. Josh Shaw 100 not out?!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk