<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Re: Approach for Kohler-Cadmore

June 2 2017, 9:29 AM 

I don't think anybody can seriously argue that we need another top class batsman. The club obviously believe KC is the man and if Leaning and one of the others kick on, so much the better.

Considering the age of our bowling attack it could also free us up to concentrate on recruiting a quality overseas bowler for a change from 2018.

Tom
(Login LondonYorkie)

June 2 2017, 10:56 AM 

I wonder if they see him as a potential opener to put pressure on Lyth and Lees, particularly the former, who hasn't kicked on.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

June 2 2017, 1:50 PM 

wonder how long it will be before he his nicked by team england?

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

June 2 2017, 3:01 PM 

To achieve that, he'll have to score a lot of runs for us, which is fine.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

June 3 2017, 2:59 PM 

""...or just call him KC, which I will do!""

would that make the rest of our team the Sunshine Band?

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

June 3 2017, 5:20 PM 

Hopefully it never degenerates to KFC.

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

June 3 2017, 10:39 PM 

Tom raises a good point.

I suppose their are 4 options:

1: Most likely. He starts as opener in both T20 and One Dayers. Is back up in CC.

2: He challenges Leaning for the 5th spot

3: He adds batting depth at 6, pushing Bresnan to 7. This seems unlikely as will leave us a bowler short unless the longer term plan is for our nezt overseas player to be an all rounder.

4: He is considered an opener in CC. This could mean either Lees or Lyth bat 3. I seem ti recal years ago Lyth saying he likes to bat there. I have long felt we have relied on our overseas batsman at 3. Take away Root and overseas and 3 is a weak spot in the batting.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 4 2017, 11:41 AM 

It's a good sign that, although David Willey said he hoped to improve his red-ball cricket with Yorkshire, the championship side has clearly been selected only on merit and no personal concessions have been made to him. I don't think they'll have made any promises to K-C either, though I'd expect him definitely to be selected in the shorter forms when the England players are away. As for the CC, I think he'll be in the mix, especially if Ballance is taken by England. Just what "the mix" will consist in is hard to predict at this stage - Leaning, Rhodes, Brook, Tattersall, Callis?
Brook scored a run-a-ball 127 against Leicestershire last week. That's at about the same age as when Root and Bairstow had a 300-run partnership to beat Leics. 2nds.

JG
(Login _JG_)

June 4 2017, 12:10 PM 

I don't think there is any need for Yorkshire to plan this to the nth degree as suggested by some above. I think they'll have identified KC as a batsman of great potential (with Yorkshire connections), and identified our squad as somewhat lacking in batting depth, and targeted him based on this. Where exactly he will slot in will depend on how others' careers have developed over the intervening months, what overseas player we may have etc- although I do agree that he's highly likely to slot straight into the white ball side following the struggles of the likes of Lees in these formats in recent seasons.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk