<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Walking wickets

May 8 2017 at 9:52 AM
Geoff B  (Login Coastalview)

What a strange game cricket is.

Was it only last season that Gary Ballance was being lambasted by most of us for his inept batting style.

Perhaps we can hope that Lyth, Leaning and Lees can follow his example and turn it around too and by golly what a batting line-up we would have then.

They need to sort things out in their heads first though, all three are getting a lot of practice miming their 'what have I done' routine when the ball soars into someones hands because they have played one stroke too many.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

Re: Walking wickets

May 8 2017, 10:03 AM 

I've just put a comment on the thread for the Derbyshire match which addresses this question.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: Walking wickets

May 8 2017, 11:23 AM 

I'd agree with your assessment Dewsburian.

Teams attack from the off now, bat deeper and know they can rein in later on if the wheels come off.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk