<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Champions Trophy

May 8 2017 at 11:26 PM
Daniel  (Login stevros88)

Hi all,

I have two tickets available for New Zealand v Australia at Edgbaston on Friday 2nd June in the Hollies Stand. £40 face value each. Can offer post or collection from Leeds, whichever is easier.

Thanks

Daniel

EDIT --- Thanks for setting up a new thread. I have changed the title of this thread.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on May 9, 2017 2:01 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

bairstow

May 9 2017, 8:30 AM 

looks like j bairstow will be pissed off morgan telling him in todays papers he has no chance of playing unless someone is injured .

(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: Champions Trophy tickets for sale

May 9 2017, 9:30 AM 

I'm sure an accident for Morgan could be arranged.

I've not really watched the IPL but heard of a Stokes century but how has Buttler done?

I assume Buttler replaces Billings with the gloves and Woakes Stokes come back instead of two bowlers. Wood Willey Ball and Plunkett the current seamers so Ball plus one other to drop out. Do we need Moeen when Root is second spinner?

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

May 9 2017, 9:58 AM 

Given that Roy is seemingly out of form, Bairstow could open with Hales, but I suspect England will be reluctant to break up that partnership. Buttler, Stokes and Woakes are certain starters but there's nothing wrong with strength in depth. I'll actually be surprised if England don't win this tournament with such a strong squad and home advantage. It's between them and South Africa in my book.

Dpressed
(Login dpressed)

May 9 2017, 10:04 AM 

So Young Bluey goes back to being a drinks waiter for England whilst Yorkshire go down the table. Win, win for Mogan & Straus

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 9 2017, 10:13 AM 

It`s quiet simple. If they have no intention of playing him, take him out of the squad and replace him with a "reserve" bowler to cover for any injuries. They have two keepers, England would be very unlucky for both of them to get injured within the space of three weeks.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

May 9 2017, 11:01 AM 

Bairstow is not really in the squad as a keeper, is he? He's the reserve batsman, the fact that he can keep is a red herring.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

May 9 2017, 11:20 AM 

We already have 6 quick bowlers and 2 spinners in our squad, it would be barmy to include another one and only go in with one reserve batsman, absolutely crazy.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 9 2017, 11:40 AM 

In that case, pick another "reserve" batsman.

Do England want JB to be carrying drinks for three weeks or getting some meaningfull practice in county games prior to the test series starting early July.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on May 9, 2017 11:47 AM

Third Umpire
(Login ThirdUmpire)

May 9 2017, 11:43 AM 

Surely you pick on form in which case it's hard to see anyone justifying a place ahead of bairstow in the current top 7.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

May 9 2017, 12:02 PM 

I agree, it's difficult to justify not picking him in the XI. But Stu seems to suggest England should weaken their squad by picking a lesser player just so Bairstow gets match practice for test matches which are two months away.

PaulYorks
(Login paulyorks)

May 9 2017, 12:30 PM 

>> We already have 6 quick bowlers and 2 spinners in our squad, it would be barmy to include another one and only go in with one reserve batsman, absolutely crazy.

I disagree. At least 5 of those bowlers are deemed to be allrounders, which was Morgan's argument for omitting Bairstow from the starting XI.

May 9 2017, 12:38 PM 

Whether they're classed as all rounders or not, they still bowl quick and we have 6 players of these in the squad.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

May 9 2017, 12:39 PM 

Poor OP, going to think there's a bidding war for his tickets when he returns to see all these posts!

(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 9 2017, 1:01 PM 

Seadog --- I agree, it's difficult to justify not picking him in the XI. But Stu seems to suggest England should weaken their squad by picking a lesser player just so Bairstow gets match practice for test matches which are two months away.

Can I make it perfectly clear my suggestion was not for the good of England as I could not give a toss about who they select and who they do not. The only two things that matter to me are JB and Yorkshire. It surely has to be better for both us and Jonny for him to be playing cricket for three weeks rather than carrying drinks. The fact that it does not benefit England either to have someone idle for three weeks, is a very minor consideration.

May 9 2017, 1:05 PM 

So, in dating terms, you want to dump Jonny and then tell him "it's not you, it's me!" happy.gif

Daniel
(Login stevros88)

May 9 2017, 1:43 PM 

So we're turning this into a general discussion about the CT rather than addressing my actual post then?

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Champions Trophy

May 9 2017, 2:05 PM 

Did anyone hear the Joe Root pitch side interview with Alison Mitchell broadcast on sports extra following the conclusion of the Ireland match at Lords?

Said his England performance was IMPROVED by the games he'd recently played for YCCC. I'm sure Morgan and Strauss will be having words.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

May 9 2017, 2:38 PM 

Stu - England selections feature a lot in your posts for someone who doesn't give a toss 😉. I think we're all aware that you don't care about England but try and accept that there are some who do.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 9 2017, 3:10 PM 

Apologies Seadog, I take your point fully and I should have realised that some on this forum do support both England & Yorkshire, and I will desist from pontificating on the England team selections in future

Any views I have expressed previously have always been with my Yorkshire CCC hat on. In my ideal world, no one from Yorkshire CCC would be any near the England side and we would win the CC every year, but I also know it is never going to happen.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on May 9, 2017 3:19 PM

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk