<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: Champions Trophy

May 9 2017, 3:12 PM 

I wasn't looking for an apology or feeling wronged, just pointing out that some of us like to see both Yorkshire and England succeed.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

May 9 2017, 4:05 PM 

I do, but very much in that order.

(Login dpressed)

May 9 2017, 6:03 PM 

After the way Yorkshire have been treated in recent seasons, I now consider England to be 'the enemy'. Yes I want England to win, but IMO they don't give a (censored) bout the counties who develop the players

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

May 9 2017, 6:13 PM 

Indeed, England are my 'first' team in that they got me interested in cricket, at the time i wasn't even 'aware' of Yorkshire. It was probably 3 years after watching England that I watched Yorkshire. Probably not many on here did it that way around?

JG
(Login _JG_)

May 9 2017, 7:55 PM 

I guess that may be down to age. I certainly watched and was interested in international cricket before county cricket, it's just a lot more high profile and more easily accessible. Or at least it was when it was on free-to-air TV when I was growing up...

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

May 9 2017, 8:28 PM 

Same for me, watching test matches on the bbc in the 80s was my introduction to the game. I grew up in Scarborough so the festival was my introduction to "live" cricket, although I was more interested in the stars in the various world XIs which played rather than Yorkshire.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

May 9 2017, 10:19 PM 

Keep reading we are favorites for this competition but I can't see it myself.

We do have a chance of winning it of course, especially with home advantage but I think Australia and South Africa have stronger squads.

South Africa also have a wonderful chance to prepare for the conditions with a ODI series against us first.

JG
(Login _JG_)

May 9 2017, 10:46 PM 

I wouldn't swap England's batting line-up for any other country's; bowling, maybe.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk