<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
JG
(Login _JG_)

Re: Simon Hughes Simon Mann podcast re Bairstow

May 11 2017, 10:35 AM 

Well he's definitely not better than Root, whose ODI performances have been at a ridiculously high level: career average over 50 and 4th top runscorer in the world since the start of 2016 with an average 69. I think he is a better batsman than Morgan, but understandably I don't think they want to disrupt the captaincy when the team are doing well (and Morgan's form has improved recently too to be fair).

As I said before, I think Roy's slot is the most likely way in for Bairstow as he does look short of form, but even if he doesn't do brilliantly against SA but England persist with him then I think there's some reason behind the decision.

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

May 11 2017, 10:50 AM 

I think Bairstows most likely route into the team is replacing Buttler, Ali or Morgan. Both openers are settled, and very good.

CricketWanderer
(Login CricketWanderer)

May 12 2017, 1:42 PM 

"Morgan a man of arrogance, huge ego..."

I didn't think Hughes' comments sounded great, yet then in the thread on the topic Morgan is described as above, presumably by someone who doesn't know him personally in any way.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

May 15 2017, 9:31 PM 

Anyone else listening to The Tuffers & Vaughan Cricket Show on 5Live?
Vaughan, although doing his best to skirt around the subject, is eluding to the fact that Bairstow might not be the most popular in the dressing room.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

May 15 2017, 9:58 PM 

i see on social media a photo of jonny out for a meal with james taylor and fis fiance.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Politically incorrect

May 15 2017, 10:47 PM 

I know it's not politically correct but isn't this all getting a bit girly!

If you can get the 11 best cricketers in England to all be jolly good types and they are all awfully fond of each other, in a manly chappy kind of way of course, that's lovely.

Otherwise join the real world.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

May 15 2017, 11:26 PM 

There are always going to be different characters in a dressing room, or any place of work, some more popular than others, but as long as they do their jobs and avoid petty public spats (the Pietersen fiasco a case in point) it shouldn't matter. I happen to think the ECB one day team especially are a set of attention seeking class clowns from the outside, and sympathise with Jonny but that's immaterial.

Me4791
(Login Me4791)

Bairstow

May 16 2017, 8:37 AM 

Yes I heard a repeat of the Tuffers and Vaughan show this morning. Kelly Cates has obviously heard something or has been told to ask the question by the BBC cricket people as she was persistant. Vaughan didn't really budge though.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk