<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Martin
(Login Martinh00)

Re: One-day Cup | Northants vs Yorkshire at Northampton (Match Thread)

May 10 2017, 4:47 PM 

I that order I hope Jay - if the wicket is stodgy, Willey generally struggles. Mind you it is his old club..

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 10 2017, 4:50 PM 

50-50 at the moment. We could get another 100 with the batting we have left and that might just be enough, but you never know with Duckett, Levi, Cobb & the other big hitters in their side. That is why they are the T20 Champions, they are capable of getting any total.

I can not see the point of playing Rafiq, he has bowled badly in all of the 50 over matches this season, the extra batsman would have been better (Leaning) and if needed "fiddle" 10 overs out of Lyth, Root & Leaning.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on May 10, 2017 4:56 PM

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

May 10 2017, 4:58 PM 

"Yes, those of us not there are guessing."

Or getting our information from trusted reporters who are on site, Dave M.

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

One Day Cup | Northants Vs Yorkshire at Northampton

Not a fan of Willey are you Martin?

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

You've got to think that 275 is a minimum competitive score given our depleted bowling resources. We'd better hold all our catches, as well.
""

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

May 10 2017, 5:00 PM 

Watching Essex on the box, recovering from an early Jerome Taylor hat-trick. Is Matthew Waite the new Ryan ten Doeschate?

Bloody sight easier to spell, though I used copy & paste, as someone advised me last week.

Rash now in wi' t' skipper. 208 for 5 with 8 overs left. Big recovery.

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

One Day Cup | Northants Vs Yorkshire at Northampton (Match Thread)

May 10 2017, 5:03 PM 

Still Fancy our bowlers to do a job. Big fan of Matthew Waite. Very Promising player

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

May 10 2017, 5:06 PM 

Waite at 6 has given us a recovery and a platform. We weren't guaranteed anything better from Leaning.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 10 2017, 5:07 PM 

One thing we do have going for us, is that it is a very long tail for Northants.

Kleinveldt, Sanderson, Gleeson, White & Azharullah from 7 to 11.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

May 10 2017, 5:08 PM 

Well done again to captain Ballsnce - these are games where you need such an innings - also well done to young Waite.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

May 10 2017, 5:08 PM 

"Not a fan of Willey are you Martin? "

I think he's an excellent one day bowler, and would always have him in our eleven. He is also brilliant when he bats up top and flays the bowlers to all parts - for me he should always open in T20s - I have seen some wonderful innings. He is less good on difficult pitches where getting off strike is important (particularly where there is an established player in). So yes I am a fan.

This is a great recovery and hats off to Waite. Of course there are no guarantees that Leaning would have done any better, so pleased that the overall selection has worked. Now just need to continue this momentum and we should end up with a competitive score.

Agreed that Northants have some big hitters but we have three international bowlers and they do have a long tail.

This message has been edited by Martinh00 on May 10, 2017 5:11 PM

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

May 10 2017, 5:19 PM 

What an absolute privilege it is to witness Ballance return to his destructive best. Watching him on cricinfo is good - must be great being there

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

May 10 2017, 5:28 PM 

Solid effort this. Reminds me of the time he dismantled Worcs in the T20.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

May 10 2017, 5:44 PM 

Rather bette than solid methinks! To get 300 on board without using Willey and Plunkett is great performance. Of course, they could get them, but we have given our bowlers a total which should be defendable. Another excellent contribution from Rashid.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

May 10 2017, 5:46 PM 

Listening on bbc commentary it sounded a splendid innings from the skipper. And Matthew Waite and Adil Rashid were excellent as well.

Idle ma
(Login Idle_man)

May 10 2017, 5:51 PM 

One of the great one day innings. It looked a slowish pitch early on and Joe's dismissal was stupid as well as an awful shot. Of course the last ten overs made it look ridiculously easy, so I wouldn't like to call it. Given ourselves an excellent chance however. And I do like what I have seen of Waite. He played very sensibly.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

May 10 2017, 5:55 PM 

Once again the captain has stood firm and taken it to the opposition after a steady recovery. Well played Waite and Rashid to provide good support to a wonderful player.

(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 10 2017, 6:24 PM 

Coad with the early strike!! 7-1.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 10 2017, 6:25 PM 

and another 7-2.

Wkt, 4, wkt.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

May 10 2017, 6:28 PM 

Oh Duckett!

At 7 for 3, I might have a cautious bet on us, if I had any clue how to lay a bet!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk