<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Yorkshire Academy

May 14 2017 at 11:22 AM
JollyD  (Login JollyD)

The Academy achieved a notable victory on Saturday over highly fancied York.
Batting first, the Academy lost an early wicket, but their innings total owed a lot to a second wicket partnership of 94 between Ben Ainsley (46) and Jared Warner (60). Middle order contributions from captain Jordan Thompson (33) and Nathan Snookes (31) boosted their score beyond 200. Their eventual 50 over total was 229-8.
Jack Leaning was York's most successful bowler with 4-57.
In reply York lost wickets regularly. Opening bowler Matthew Taylor had 3-20 including the prized wicket of Leaning. Thompson, enjoying a splendid all-round day, destroyed the middle order taking 3-4, before 16 year old off-spinner Alec Drury nipped in with two wickets.
York were eventually dismissed for exactly 100 giving the Academy a 129 win.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
sid-don
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Yorkshire Academy

May 14 2017, 10:00 PM 

Scorecard for those who like that sort of thing. I do.

http://yacademy.play-cricket.com/website/results/2919172

JollyD: Excited about Drury and Warner? Wheres Logan?

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

Yorkshire Academy

May 14 2017, 10:45 PM 

James Logan was playing for his 'other' club on Saturday. Many of Yorkshire's younger players have dual registrations. He took 5 for 21 for Farsley in the first division of the Bradford League.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 15 2017, 3:11 PM 

Split loyalties, living in York. Always want York to do well, but always want our Academy lads to do well.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

May 15 2017, 4:29 PM 

I'm tempted to ask how big Matthew Taylor is now. I last saw him playing for Yorkshire U17 at Ticknall last year and he was way taller than me. I presume he's heading for somewhere in the region of Joel Garner.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk