<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

6 weeks....

May 15 2017 at 6:57 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

..... now before we get our 5 England players back. June 26th v Surrey (the match under floodlights) in the CC. This is also the match when our skipper may not play as he is colour blind and can not see the pink ball.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: 6 weeks....

May 15 2017, 7:02 PM 

We'll miss Rashid and we'll miss Bairstow. Root is harder to miss as we never see him and the other two wouldn't get in the championship side.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 15 2017, 7:08 PM 

I agree, Rashid is the biggest loss, especially for the middle order batting. Hodd at 7, then 4 bowlers, does not fill me with any confidence.

Also agree re Plunkett & Willey, as on current form neither would get in our best CC X1.

I just hope that England Lions do not decide to have a look at Coad or Fisher.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on May 15, 2017 7:10 PM

(Login WhiteroseDave)

May 15 2017, 7:43 PM 

I really hope that something will be resolved in the next weeks in terms of Ballance being able to play in that game. It would be an absolute joke if our captain and leading run scorer was ruled out because he couldn't see the ball properly. At that time of year with the start times planned would it really be a problem to just play with a red ball?

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

May 15 2017, 8:12 PM 

"At that time of year with the start times planned would it really be a problem to just play with a red ball?"

The whole purpose of this farce is to allow the ECB players to play and get used to the pink ball, so I doubt the ECB will let that happen. Makes a mockery of the whole thing but when have the ECB ever let that stop them?

This message has been edited by twelthman on May 15, 2017 8:15 PM

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

May 15 2017, 8:18 PM 

Wonder if the foodlights will even take effect at any stage. Terrible scheduling.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

May 15 2017, 9:11 PM 

Lots of aspects to this.

On the plus side if Ballance can't play we will at least have Root and Bairstow back as decent batting cover.

It's a trial and there is due to be a day/night test in England and in the Ashes in Australia.

If Ballance can't play with a pink ball it might rightly or wrongly affect his suitability for selection for the Ashes party. It might turn out that he isn't the only one who has trouble.

All teams will be subjected to the same conditions, so it may be silly, but it's fair. I doubt it will bring any advantages to us but it might bring in some after work spectators.

Yes I know it's never really going to get dark enough at that time of year and I hope it's a one off.

We must remember also that the club were very keen to stage a day night CC match when first muted by the ECB before everybody got one.

https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/5219/yorkshire-keen-on-championship-day-nighter

(Login dpressed)

May 16 2017, 11:36 AM 

I for one object to this 'it may bring in some people after work'. That should read 'it may bring some people lucky to work or live near enough the ground after work'. The team is called Yorkshire, not Greater Leeds. Major roads often 'lock up' between 4 & 6 .. I know having travelled after work to a T20 (I just made them for a 7pm start, thankfully someone reserved my seat).

In addition anyone who uses pubic transport will have to leave before the end (unless they live on a local bus route) so it will put some people who normally attend off travelling.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk