<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

One-day Cup | Yorkshire vs Leicestershire at Leeds (Match Thread)

May 16 2017 at 4:09 AM

WRF  (Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Royal London One-Day Cup, North Group: Yorkshire v Leicestershire at Leeds, May 16, 2017

YORKSHIRE from: Gary Ballance (Capt.) Tim Bresnan,Karl Carver,Ben Coad,Matthew Fisher,Peter Handscomb,Jack Leaning,Alex Lees,Adam Lyth,Steven Patterson,Azeem Rafiq,Will Rhodes, Jonny Tattersall,Matthew Waite.

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary TBA
Headingley weather

""

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Re: One-day Cup | Yorkshire vs Leicestershire at Leeds (Match Thread)

May 16 2017, 8:59 AM 

Hopeful that the weather behaves, seems to be much warmer which will be a blessing during the evening.

As it's been a bit wetter probably go with Patterson rather than a second spinner.

Could always bring Rhodes in from the cold and use him as an attacking opener who can also share 5 overs with whichever bowler proves to be the least effective/most expensive.

Lyth
Lees
Handscomb wk
Ballance c
Leaning
Bresnan
Waite
Patterson/Carver/Rhodes
Rafiq
Fisher
Coad

We should win but it might not be enough to go straight through unfortunately.

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

Yorkshire vs Leicestershire at Leeds - one day cup

May 16 2017, 10:01 AM 

You did well to find out the Yorkshire squad, Alex, especially at 4am ! The Yorkshire website does not give the information for some reason. In fact the principal feature on the site for the last three days has been an advert for a make of cheese. This shows where the club's priorities lie, and their lack of attention to the supporters' needs.

(Login legglance)

May 16 2017, 10:09 AM 

The website seems to be operated ny a Monday to Friday team who don't seem to realise that the main conduit for supporters needs to operate , and be updated frequently, over 7 days especially during the season.

Weekend working is very rare and, to me, the club are showing a lack of commercial awareness.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 16 2017, 10:41 AM 

Agree, our OS is poor for information. It is something I have complained to the club about, among many other things, but nothing seems to improve. Team news not always available, updates on injured players progress never there, second X1 reports and scores always available first on other clubs web-sites, and just a general lack of communication.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

May 16 2017, 10:58 AM 

Has been hosing it down in north Leeds all morning.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

May 16 2017, 10:59 AM 

The team news was posted on the website and on Twitter yesterday afternoon.

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

One day cup/Yorkshire vs Leicestershire at Leeds

May 16 2017, 11:20 AM 

Sorry, Seadog, I still can't find it on the Yorkshire website. There is the usual stuff about where to smoke or use your 'phones but no mention of the selected squad.
And I don't even know what Twitter is.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

May 16 2017, 11:24 AM 

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

May 16 2017, 2:26 PM 

Match due to start at 3. 45 overs each.

(Login Martinh00)

May 16 2017, 2:34 PM 

Don't know if anyone spotted this quote on the BBC website w/r Matthew Waite. I thought the comment about Bresnan was great:

Yorkshire all-rounder Matthew Waite told BBC Radio Leeds:

"It was disappointing to lose but we are still in a good position. We have got Leicestershire on Tuesday so hopefully we can beat them at Headingley.

"I enjoyed my innings. It was just a shame we didn't win. But it was nice to get my first 50 for Yorkshire. I got 40 last week against Northants and that gave me a bit of confidence coming in.

"It's just nice to be in a side with six internationals and pleasing to know I that I can play in a side that good. Tim Bresnan has given me a lot of help. He just told me to stand still and hit the ball. Just that little bit of advice can make all the difference"

(Login Martinh00)

May 16 2017, 2:42 PM 

A Lyth, AZ Lees, JA Leaning, PSP Handscomb†, GS Ballance*, TT Bresnan, MJ Waite, Azeem Rafiq, MD Fisher, K Carver, BO Coad

So Rafiq at 8. Could be worse and maybe the shortened game works slightly in our favour with our weakened batting line up

(Login Southern_Tyke)

May 16 2017, 2:44 PM 

Off for rain @ Derby - A washout for the rest of the day would do nicely.

This message has been edited by Southern_Tyke on May 16, 2017 2:44 PM

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

May 16 2017, 3:34 PM 

Indeed, that with a Yorkshire win would leave us finishing top

(Login TykeTim)

May 16 2017, 4:09 PM 

After recent performances Waite should not only be on the team sheet ahead of Leaning but should be ahead of him in the batting order also. The added responsibility has worked for him.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

May 16 2017, 4:12 PM 

Over to Handscomb and Ballance (again!)

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

May 16 2017, 4:18 PM 

After more promising, albeit rather slow start, we are once again dependant on the middle order to get us a reasonable total. With the weather being unreliable today, we are in danger of losing again unless someone digs in and our young bowlers come good.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

May 16 2017, 4:20 PM 

88/3 is not a bad position to be in, with in-form Bresnan and Waite to come. I doubt that conditions are ideal for batting today (?), so caution and then a late surge (if we have wickets in hand) may well be the sensible approach to take.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

May 16 2017, 4:52 PM 

Yes Martin, if there is seam movement, I hope we will start with Fisher and Coad, and Waite rather than Bressie with the new ball.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

May 16 2017, 5:13 PM 

Slow going, and difficult to judge. Ideally you put the foot down in the last 10 (or last 8 with it being overs reduced), but with a long tail, I wonder if we have to be a bit more cautious. 100 off the remaining overs would get us to approx. 250. Is that ambitious enough? Too ambitious?

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk