<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Re: Championship | Lancashire vs Yorkshire at Old Trafford (Day 2)

May 20 2017, 6:24 PM 

403 for 7. OK, I forgive them for missing that batting point.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

May 20 2017, 6:26 PM 

Jack Brooks - century on the cards here?
He'll never have a better chance.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

May 20 2017, 6:27 PM 

Great that Jack Leening has a century and fine stand with Jsck Brooks which puts us in a very strong position for the last 2 days. Pity Jack has not got there this evening - dilemma for the morning of batting on or declaring. However, great partnership!

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on May 20, 2017 6:38 PM

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

May 20 2017, 6:28 PM 

Think he'll run out of time.Only 2 overs left tonight.

Surely we'll put them in tomorrow morning?

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

May 20 2017, 6:37 PM 

It'll have to wait until tomorrow for Brooksie.

Well batted Jacks

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

May 20 2017, 6:50 PM 

I don't think 420 is enough to bowl them out twice, we'd have to get them out 1st innings for 270. So I think we'll bat on tomorrow for 40-50 more or until we're bowled out. The pitch is already spinning, so batting won't be easy. I'd rather get runs now than need them on Monday.

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

May 20 2017, 7:00 PM 

Great effort. Lets smack it about for a few overs in the morning to get to 450 and Brooks century and get them in.

Saltburn senior
(Login Saltburnsenior)

Lancs v Yorks at Old Trafford

May 20 2017, 7:01 PM 

What a brilliant position to be in after 2 days. Let's have confidence in those who have to make important decisions tomorrow. I'm happy to trust in their judgment.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

May 20 2017, 7:02 PM 

Yep i'd get as many runs as we can in the morning, aslong as we are going at a decent rate.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

May 20 2017, 7:09 PM 

Considering how much time we lost, that really couldn't have gone much better.

Thomas
(Login YorkshireAllOver)

May 20 2017, 7:15 PM 

Fantastic day today. Brooks' batting seems to have come on leaps and bounds recently - today and v Notts at home last year spring to mind. We scored 170 runs today in 43 overs, almost 4 an over. Get Brooks to his century hopefully, then push on, if we do well to around 500; but we should declare after about 1 to 1.5 hours of play tomorrow I reckon.

Also great to see Leaning back in the runs. Hopefully getting back to his best in this format

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

May 20 2017, 7:34 PM 

Great stuff. I keep going on about how our tailenders are good batsman, and you don't believe me.

4 an over today, against a toothless Lancs attack, though McLaren and Bailey gave their all, and Parry was as accurate as always. Delighted for Jack Leaning...I'm sure 70 or 80 would have been fine with the team management, but scoring 100 is important to players, especially those who have been out of nick. Not that he was fluent today, though he did go to his ton with a glorious stroke through the covers off the back foot.

Can we win? Lancs have a strong-looking top order, but a long tail. New ball very important, I think.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

May 20 2017, 7:55 PM 

Tricky in the morning.

We have the momentum at the moment and if we bat on and continue to heap on runs they will be under real scoreboard pressure.

Conversely if we bat on and it all fizzles out in the first couple of overs they might then be a bit more on the front foot.

On balance probably best to go for it and hope for some more easy runs, especially as we will have some extra catch up overs in the day.

However it goes, unless they collapse twice of course, the pace bowlers will have a good few overs to get through tomorrow.

Only 18 wickets to get, marvelous if Rafiq can chip in with a few.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

May 20 2017, 8:11 PM 

i think Anderson will bat if required.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

May 20 2017, 11:28 PM 

Leaning 100 a v important knock for the club. Impressive as well, as he seemed to have toughed it out through a difficult first two hours or so.

The other Jack is such a legend. Phenomenal.

(Login Pyrahtechnics)

May 21 2017, 12:33 AM 

Impressive knock by Jack Leaning, not just for the century but his crease occupation when Yorkshire needed one of the top six to bat big.

Jacky Brooks making most of Lancashire's bowling conundrum to score 90 is an added bonus, though something that can be fallen back on whether Yorkshire are under the cosh. There is a difference between a number 9 batsman taking advantage of a weary and blunted bowling attack and a number 8 batsman facing fresher and stronger bowlers.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

May 21 2017, 9:20 AM 

Regardless of Brooks' ton, I agree that we should bat on a bit. Lancs looked pig sick towards the end and rubbing their noses in it might get us some wickets too.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk