<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

England Lions

May 21 2017 at 12:51 PM
Guest  (Login EastYorkshireTyke)

No Yorkshire players in the Lions squad to play South Africa A, which will disappoint many on here as it's one less thing to moan about! 😉

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: England Lions

May 21 2017, 12:59 PM 

I can't think who would even have been close - Coad would've had an outside chance at best.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

May 21 2017, 1:36 PM 

This is for the one day tournament so given that Coad doesn't get into our first choice team not surprising that he's not been picked. May well be a different matter when they select for the unofficial test match.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 21 2017, 2:11 PM 

I am delighted that no Yorkshire players are in the squad, but It does not change the fact that the England Lions matches are NOT needed, particular in this season, when there is already far to much International cricket.

As Martin states, these squads are just for the 1 day series, and the 4 and 3 day match squads will be announced later on, so may yet lose some players. I really hope not, but it is still a possibility.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on May 21, 2017 2:22 PM

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk