<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

Re: ICC Champions Trophy

June 7 2017, 4:42 PM 

Pakistan are bowling really well, bit of reverse swing for the quicks.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 7 2017, 8:19 PM 

If they don't get back on it's a win for Pakistan which should spice up the group nicely.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 7 2017, 8:44 PM 

Rain ruining the comp so far.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 7 2017, 9:33 PM 

It's ruining it especially if like me you are trying to avoid the election by listening to R5SX.

They've got the third 11 on TMS.

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

June 8 2017, 5:49 PM 

Jason Roy has been backed by Farbrace.

"I thought there were signs in Cardiff against New Zealand that he really looked as though he was very close to getting a big score."

Jason Roy dismissed just 87 runs short of a century.

"He knows that once he gets to 30 or 40 the chances are he is going to get 100."

Well he has 3 centuries from 19 innings when he gets to 30 in his career. So the balance of probability definitely shows that if he can scratch around to 30, a century is all but guarenteed.

I just wish the selectors, Morgan, Bayliss and Farbrace could say: "Roy is in a poor run of form, he's still a good batsman, but we think Bairstow gives us a better chance of winning the next game." Not writing Roy off forever, not changing the team every match, just accepting one batsman is out of form.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 8 2017, 7:12 PM 

With the new doctrine of strong and stable leadership, I thoroughly expect them to drop him eventually but tell us that he hasn't been dropped at all, that this was always part of the plan etc. Then they'll probably pick Billings...

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

June 9 2017, 7:40 PM 

A good few days for the comp. 3 crucial group matches to come.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 9 2017, 9:32 PM 

Starting to get interesting for everyone except New Zealand.

Hope I'm wrong but my gut feeling is that Australia will expose a few frailties in the England team tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will smile on the rest of the tournament.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 11 2017, 5:03 PM 

Saffers v India turned into a bit of an anti-climax.

Good job there's some nail biting stuff going on at Taunton.

JG
(Login _JG_)

June 11 2017, 11:17 PM 

Yes, the Saffers choked one stage earlier this time round- in the (de facto) QF rather than the SF. England will now be the only non-Asian side in the semis, impressive stuff from the Asian sides considering the pitches have hardly been akin to those in the Subcontinent.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

June 12 2017, 6:49 PM 

Pretty exciting game there, terrible standard mind. Lanka fell apart at the end. Fancy Pakistan bowlers will be more of a test for England.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 12 2017, 9:59 PM 

I'll probably watch the highlights later but on the radio, once Yorkshire had finished, it seemed they both took turns in trying to throw it away and Pakistan were the least bad.

We should beat them 8 times out of 10 in English conditions but we can't take it for granted.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 15 2017, 5:08 PM 

Two very one-sided semis have spoilt the competition. It was a very good and exciting comp until then.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

June 15 2017, 5:13 PM 

Can't see the final being much better. Doubt I'll bother watching it.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 15 2017, 9:18 PM 

The most one-sided semi-final I can recall.

Still job done, India safely in the final,

kerching$$$

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

June 15 2017, 9:21 PM 

Not sure what you're trying to suggest there Geoff. They've been the best side by far regardless of the financial benefits their participation brings

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 16 2017, 10:39 PM 

I'm suggesting this competition, which was scrapped after 2013, but has been kept alive and played in England yet again following heavy canvassing by the ECB is all about making money.

India in the final = more money = job done.

I'll not argue they aren't the best team, though Sri Lanka did make them look pretty ordinary in their group match.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

June 18 2017, 2:58 PM 

At this stage Pakistan look to be roaring to victory in the final, which will put England's defeat in whole new light. Amir is swinging the ball round corners after the batsmen easily beat 300. Unless Dhoni goes berserk later, of course...
A cracking match.
Jonathan Agnew's pronunciation on radio of Fakhar Zaman has caused some amusement - especially when Zaman had a slice of luck early on...

This message has been edited by NewBrian on Jun 18, 2017 3:38 PM

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

June 18 2017, 6:24 PM 

Well done Pakistan. What a strange team they are, but thrilling to watch when they're in the mood. I imagine there will be some happy households and communities in the West Riding tonight.

This message has been edited by twelthman on Jun 18, 2017 6:25 PM

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

June 18 2017, 6:53 PM 

Naive batting from India. Deck was a belter, should have seen off Amir and runs would have come.

Essex signed a serious bowler for second half of the season.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk