<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Second XI Trophy.

June 2 2017 at 4:48 PM
Terry  (Login WhiteShamrock)

The Second XI is currently playing Somerset II in Taunton in the semi-final.

The home team scored 328/10 so we have a big chase on our hands.

Scorecard:http://www.totalcricketscorer.com/TCSLive/TCSScorecard.aspx?id=58288

The Somerset CC website is also covering it:

http://www.somersetcountycc.co.uk/news/club-news/2nd-xi-trophy-semi-final-somerset-v-yorkshire/

This message has been edited by WhiteShamrock on Jun 2, 2017 4:48 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

Re: Second XI Trophy.

June 2 2017, 5:30 PM 

It's odd to think that Yorkshire can't field Willey and Plunkett in this match because they're in the England squad.

(Login WhiteShamrock)

June 2 2017, 5:40 PM 

It's still raining and, according to the Somerset CCC website, Somerset are 3 runs ahead of DLS. sad.gif

My weathermap suggests that the rain should clear Taunton quite soon, but who can say whether they'll be able to get out again.

UPDATE: 18:22: The match has been abandoned at the CACG but the ECB have decreed that Yorkshire have won by 3 runs (DLS)

Well done lads!

This message has been edited by WhiteShamrock on Jun 2, 2017 6:40 PM

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 2 2017, 6:12 PM 

Good score from Harry Brook there. Very encouraging. Yorkshire have a much less experienced side out than Somerset.

(Login WhiteShamrock)

June 2 2017, 6:48 PM 

Victory!

From the SCCC website: "18:22: The match has been abandoned at the CACG but the ECB have decreed the Yorkshire have won by 3 runs (DLS)"

In the other semi-final, Midddlesex travelled to Blackpool and beat the Lankies. Scorecard: https://www.totalcricketscorer.com/TCSLive/tcsmatchdetail.aspx?id=58299

This message has been edited by WhiteShamrock on Jun 2, 2017 6:48 PM

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

June 2 2017, 8:07 PM 

Liam Plunkett's played yesterday for England and you find it strange he isn't playing a 2nd XI game the day after, seriously?

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

June 2 2017, 8:28 PM 

The strangeness is in the fact that a player selected by England is not good enough to be chosen by Yorkshire, albeit in a different format. Or 'not deemed' good enough, if you prefer.

But, given that he would not make the County Championship side, it is logical that he would play for the 2nd XI, had he been available.

It is no slur on Liam himself, who has been a plus for the England ODI side.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 2 2017, 8:32 PM 

"Liam Plunkett's played yesterday for England and you find it strange he isn't playing a 2nd XI game the day after, seriously?"

I don't find anything strange, seriously or otherwise. Did you not read what I wrote?

(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

June 2 2017, 11:15 PM 

This is an excellent. Think the final is likely to be at Leeds on Thurs.

We've been down this road before but compare and contrast how other counties cover 2nd team cricket. Follow the link in the original post to the Somerset site coverage of today and then have a look at the YCCC OS. Bit embarrassing, and rather insightful, about club priorities methinks.

Whilst you're on the Yorks site have a look at our report from the 2nds game V Leicestershire which finished Thurs although now late Fri we've only got to the end of Wed in our reporting. Below is a link to a very engagingly written report from the Leicester site.

http://www.leicestershireccc.co.uk/news/2017/june/seconds-lose-despite-swindells-half-century.html

CaravanShaker
(Login CaravanShaker)

June 3 2017, 1:52 PM 

From the Leicester report:

If Carver was at the bowler’s end it was champagne at the other end when Swindells was receiving.

Full marks.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 3 2017, 10:27 PM 

Details of the final on Thursday announced during play today and on the OS website.

14 O'clock start which surprised me.

Terry Lark
(Login WhiteShamrock)

June 4 2017, 2:58 PM 

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

June 5 2017, 9:11 PM 

I hope to get to this. The 2pm start helps.

Team will be interesting and could be relatively weak as Carver and Fisher may with the 1st team in Taunton. However I suspect with Fisher very unlikely to play in the CC match, I think he'll be available for the Trophy game.

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

June 8 2017, 1:52 PM 

The weather forecast put pay to me attending. Although prospects of play aren't to bad - inspecting at 2pm with a view to a 3pm start subject to no more rain. Think the forecast is better as we move into the afternoon and evening.

twenty2guns
(Login twenty2guns)

Second XI Trophy.

June 8 2017, 3:59 PM 

Yet again the YCCC website is shown up by the website of our opponents. Keep up to date with today's score via Middlesex site, Brook 50 not out at moment, 67-1.

(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 8 2017, 5:00 PM 

Shame on our OS.

The score (from the Middlesex site) is now 87-1 off 17/2 overs. Looks like it was a 41 over match, but will be curtailed again now by the rain. Brook is 62 no. Nick Compton is playing for them (one of their regular second teamers?)!!

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Jun 8, 2017 5:01 PM

(Login WhiteShamrock)

June 8 2017, 5:31 PM 

YCCC II - 140/1 from 24 overs. Brook 85* It's still showing as a 41 over contest. At least we're setting up a reasonably decent DLS target, should it come to that.

Online scorecard here:- https://www.totalcricketscorer.com/TCSLive/TCSMatchDetail.aspx?id=58849

This message has been edited by WhiteShamrock on Jun 8, 2017 5:34 PM

marsker
(Login marskeman)

June 8 2017, 6:14 PM 

To be fair yccc Twitter providing regular updates.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 8 2017, 7:16 PM 

Excellent footage of Harry Brook on the twitter feed. He looks six inches taller than when I saw him having a net at Wormsley alongside the U19 game last year. I wonder if he'll get a first team game by the end of this year. I certainly wouldn't bet against it.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

June 8 2017, 7:17 PM 

Compton is playing for them!! That's stretching "2nd team" somewhat, he was playing test cricket 18 months ago.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk