<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

Re: Championship | Yorkshire vs Lancashire at Leeds (Day 2)

June 3 2017, 3:12 PM 

Adam has also been struggling for most of season but now has a century - just like Jack did! We will do well to even reach 300.

54off24
(Login 54off24)

June 3 2017, 3:12 PM 

Go Peanut

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

June 3 2017, 3:15 PM 

Lyth out now for exactly 100.....felt at 11.30 he was determined to get his century....in a match where no one has yet reached 40, an excellent 100, well done adam....put the discipline back into your game and see what happens.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

June 3 2017, 3:20 PM 

Didn't find it particularly painful. Valuable runs, and Lancs bowling quite a lot of balls outside off best left alone. However agree Jack needs more simple shots to pick up ones or twos.

54off24
(Login 54off24)

June 3 2017, 3:26 PM 

Peter, perhaps he was trying to up the tempo to get to 400 in 110 overs?

Jay
(Login overman8)

June 3 2017, 3:28 PM 

I think my point seems to be lost on you Alibor. I am referring to the past few seasons, if you was to average this out it's hardly impressive (stats). However, we have a decent lead and on this pitch which puts in a very good position.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

June 3 2017, 3:43 PM 

Just got here from Germany. Pleased to see a decent crowd here. And a healthy lead. Wanted to see Adam get his century, but the closest I got was the cheer as I came up St Michaels Lane! Anyway, nice to catch a little dose of pretty classy tail end batting from Jack and Ryan.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

June 3 2017, 3:44 PM 

Peter, perhaps he was trying to up the tempo to get to 400 in 110 overs?

seeing as he took 15 overs to get from 90 to 1000 and was out on the very next ball he faced, i think i am safe in dismissing your comments as a troll.

If you read my comment again you will see i was praising his determination and discipline in getting a hundred.

54off24
(Login 54off24)

June 3 2017, 3:51 PM 

Peter, I was, jokingly, referring to your comment of 10:15am; based on the 2 first innings it is apparent this is not a 400 pitch.

I'm more elf than troll to be honest, take a chill pill.

This message has been edited by 54off24 on Jun 3, 2017 3:55 PM

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

June 3 2017, 4:41 PM 

Disappointed they have not given Coad the new ball instead of Brooks, to take advantage of any movement. Well done Jack 😀

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Jun 3, 2017 4:45 PM

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

June 3 2017, 4:44 PM 

Brooks wicket and massive shout next ball Alibor. Coady could run through em with a few clouds rolling in.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

June 3 2017, 5:06 PM 

Coad gets Hameed lbw. Looked high to me.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

June 3 2017, 5:08 PM 

Agreed. Think Hameed was surprised too.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

June 3 2017, 5:53 PM 

Don't like the ominous way this is going, especially if Chanderpaul gets established in this innings. We don't want big run chase. Did it again 😀 Get Coad back on at Chanderpaul before he gets set.
It took 10 overs to expose him to Coad who got both of these two dangerous players very quickly in the first innings.😔

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Jun 3, 2017 6:54 PM

(Login matthefish2002)

June 3 2017, 8:17 PM 

I can never remember a days play finishing as late as today at Headingley.
We are still in a strong position but not as strong as I feel we might have been.
If Lancs all out before lunch tomorroe then just a mopping up operation but ic still batting at tea who knows what might happen.

Very gritty Lyyth today but thought he lost concentration and gave his wicket after he got his ton.

Howden73
(Login howden73)

June 3 2017, 8:56 PM 

For the person who asked earlier.....Lancashire's best fans' forum is....lancscricket.informe.com

As a Lancs fan, I am pleased we are at least making a game of it after the brain-deficient and lucky-to-keep his place Croft won the toss and stupidly decided to bat first.

Not sour grapes, but I hate it when one team seems to get a lot of LBW decisions and the other gets nothing - it seems Lancs have to knock out all three stumps to get a decision at Headingley thesee days...haha.

It then makes it doubly bad when I read from a few Yorkshire fans that the desperately-out-of-form Hameed got a shocker of an LBW decision.

One day - if I ever get the time - I am going to try to do a breakdown of LBW decisions (for and against) over a Championship season.

Some umpires are worse than others - Neil Mallender and Martin Saggers, in particular, have had reputations for being TOO trigger-happy.

This message has been edited by howden73 on Jun 3, 2017 9:02 PM

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 3 2017, 9:13 PM 

Well the games moved on and we are in the driving seat though I'll be happier if Chanderpaul is out well before lunch tomorrow.

Not the best days cricket I have ever seen, I wasn't behind the line but there seemed to be a heck of a lot of wide bowling going on. Hard toil in front of a good crowd who were hopefully all fully committed cricket fans.

Anybody coming to try watching County Cricket for the first time is unlikely to have been impressed.

Adam's restrained play to get to a deserved century was an eye opener.

Howden73
(Login howden73)

June 3 2017, 9:34 PM 

Lancs only hope of avoiding defeat is if Chanderpaul bats until lunch and beyond.

Lancs fans on our forum are hoping Monday will be a "wash-out".

As an aside, would Croft get anywhere near Yorkshire's first XI never mind be captain?

He has come in for some terrible (justified) stick for batting first here.

This message has been edited by howden73 on Jun 3, 2017 9:36 PM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 3 2017, 9:50 PM 

With an expected wash-out on Monday, we need them bowled out by no later than mid-afternoon.

Shiv is the key. It would not surprise me at all if he is still batting at tea with him 150 plus no and Lancs well over 350.

menston yccc
(Login menstonyccc)

June 3 2017, 9:57 PM 

I went this afternoon

it felt tricky batting - I didn't feel any batsman looked comfortable

I am slightly concerned with Bressie - he does not look a threat and it is putting too much on other three seamers to rely on them

he seems to have lost further zip and bounce

he has also had a harder time with the bat although that was too unexpected after his great season with the bat last season

I am sure he will come good hopefully tomorrow

we were not as dangerous as I hoped with the ball

I think this will be a struggle tomorrow as clark and McLaren are very capable in the lower order

we all have the Hampshire game in the back of our mind and anything over 130 could be awkward

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk