<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

ICC ODI | England vs New Zealand at Cardiff (Match Thread)

June 6 2017 at 4:47 AM

WRF  (Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Jun 6, 2017 - 6th Match, Group A at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

England from: EJG Morgan*, MM Ali, JM Bairstow, JT Ball, SW Billings, JC Buttler†, ST Finn, AD Hales, LE Plunkett, AU Rashid, JE Root, JJ Roy, BA Stokes, DJ Willey, MA Wood

New Zealand from: KS Williamson*, CJ Anderson, TA Boult, NT Broom, C de Grandhomme, MJ Guptill, TWM Latham, MJ McClenaghan, AF Milne, JDS Neesham, JS Patel, L Ronchi†, MJ Santner, TG Southee, LRPL Taylor

Live Scorecard

This message has been edited by AlexRoberts on Jun 6, 2017 2:50 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: ICC ODI | England vs New Zealand at Cardiff (Match Thread)

June 6 2017, 7:40 AM 

So Willey or wont he ?

Will Johnny replace ROY at the top of the order?

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 6 2017, 8:49 AM 

I think you'll find that Eoin Morgan has said that Roy is pencilled in for the next two champions trophies and a couple of world cups. It's a policy they may revise if Bairstow makes back-to-back triple centuries in the 50-over competition.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 6 2017, 9:01 AM 

Hope we get a decent wedge of cricket.

Only change for England is likely to be who comes in for Woakes.

Bit of a head scratcher but I'd go with Willey, without too much confidence.

Whoever it is the team will be weakened.

Two evenly balanced teams in my view, maybe NZ have the edge.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

June 6 2017, 10:00 AM 

The suggestion is that Rashid will not be playing either. Interesting that leg spinners (Zampa and Tahir) both did well in the games at the Oval whereas Rashid was left out.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

June 6 2017, 10:10 AM 

Rashid is playing. England put into bat by NZ.

(Login ExiledinNotts)

June 6 2017, 10:12 AM 

Roy opening, unbelievable.

(Login matthefish2002)

June 6 2017, 10:12 AM 

I am a bit disappointed they have not made this a day / night game as I would have really enjoyed watching this game on TV this evening.

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

June 6 2017, 11:13 AM 

Jason Roy bowled for 13. Walks across to the offside and is bowled behind his legs by Milne.

I can understand batsmen getting out to good balls, it happens. But in both Champions Trophy innings he has played premeditated shots and got out, looking stupid in the process.

It is surely time to make a change for the Australia game. Morgan cannot continue with Roy. He'll say they have a strong record as an opening partnership, but in the last year they have not recorded a 50 partnership in 16 innings.

This message has been edited by WR_Metcalfe on Jun 6, 2017 11:24 AM

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

We need to talk about Jason!

June 6 2017, 11:28 AM 

Well he did chew up a few balls taking a look this time.

Easiest wicket NZ will be gifted this match, I hope.

Mantra is big opening partnerships don't matter, one of them usually goes on to get a big score.

That will be getting a bit one sided at the moment.

This message has been edited by Coastalview on Jun 6, 2017 11:33 AM

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

June 6 2017, 11:41 AM 

“I cannot see it changing. The decision remains the same throughout the tournament. Jason Roy is part of our strong opening partnership with Alex Hales. He'll definitely play,” said Morgan.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 6 2017, 12:07 PM 

The good thing for England is that Root and Hales are developing quite a good opening partnership. I'm still not entirely convinced by Hales's technique, but he keeps making decent scores. You'd think there was less to go wrong with Roy's game, but all of it has definitely gone wrong - and at a great rate of knots. The same seems to be true of Duckett.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 6 2017, 12:48 PM 

Interesting that Brendon McCullum still thinks the "double the score after 30 overs" formula pertains. Mind you, he was perhaps wrong to suggest that the NZ bowlers don't pose a "resk or a thrit".

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

June 6 2017, 1:10 PM 

Quite........I'm still trying to work out what a "crucket wucket" is!!! happy.gif

54off24
(Login 54off24)

June 6 2017, 1:30 PM 

Might as well let me open, I'd take up less time than Roy does scratching around for none and we'd get Joe in quicker happy.gif

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

June 6 2017, 1:37 PM 

Trint Boult has just got Stokes, and he's probably their bist bowler, at least he is in Tist cricket, where he always bowls will at the bitter players.

I once saw him after brickfast at the chickin disk at the airport.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

June 6 2017, 1:43 PM 

Michael Vaughan's formula seems to be pretty good: double the score after 32 overs provided no more than 3 wickets are down.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

June 6 2017, 2:36 PM 

Cardinal sin of not using all the overs although NZ were about 20 minutes late in finishing by allotted time so perhaps Williamson should suspended from batting in the second innings.

ROY not only failed again but he was the slowest strike rate to (until the last two succumbed first ball). At least he can now make a contribution with the ball now.... oh hang on, he doesn't bowl.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

June 6 2017, 2:51 PM 

This has the makings of a proper game - very difficult to call it at the halfway point.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

June 6 2017, 2:52 PM 

It's a competitive score, could have been more but NZ deserve credit for some canny short bowling. And I suspect the ball isn't quite coming on to the bat, so it may be better than it looks. On the other hand there are short boundaries...

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk