<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Re: Championship | Somerset vs Yorkshire at Taunton (Day One)

June 9 2017, 6:20 PM 

Should have give Carver an over or 2 at the end there, fancy he would have had a spring in his step after his efforts with the bat.

(Login ExiledinNotts)

June 9 2017, 7:40 PM 

What a mixed day unfortunately didn't get here till just before lunch finished first thing we saw was Ballance was out. An inspired innings from Hodd & Siddy is such a quality act he was really fired up today. The Somerset faithful can't see anything but a crushing defeat, here's hoping wink.gif

(Login matthefish2002)

June 9 2017, 8:02 PM 

Feel it was an evens day overall.
Aslong as we can get a first innings lead think we will win.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

June 9 2017, 8:06 PM 

We're well in the game, considering how Taunton plays these days. Hodd's comments are interesting - "the locals don't think it'll go beyond three days so every run is vital.

LUTyke
(Login Y4EV)

Re: Somerset vs Yorkshire (Day 1)

June 9 2017, 8:19 PM 

Great fightback being shown. We should know by now that it's never over until the fat lady sings with this team as someone can always pull us out of trouble. Personally I think Somerset might still be slight favourites, Siddy can't take all of our wickets and the rest of our bowling attack isn't the strongest. But Somerset's batting is very poor this season (then again so is ours at times). Anyone's call.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

June 9 2017, 8:41 PM 

Need Davies out early tomorrow. The bloke always gets runs against us

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 9 2017, 9:23 PM 

I think we look a quality bowler short and hope the rationale wasn't to pick Waite to strengthen the batting.

Looks pretty even at the moment so plenty of time for someone to make a real difference, hope it's one of ours.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

June 9 2017, 9:29 PM 

I'm not complaining about today. Lees and Leaning were very disappointing of course, but all told it was a day of good fighting cricket. Highlight number one for us being Carver and Sidebottom with the bat, Somerset taking the extra time before tea...and tea still having to be taken with us 9 down and a batting point on the board. Almost didn't matter that Carver went straight after. Then highlight number two being Sidebottom with the ball -- and the splendid view from high above the bowler's arm. A looping slip catch off the shoulder, a beautiful feathered edge to the 'keeper, and castling Trescothick -- a splendid trio.

Ballance gave Waite a chance when I think we would all have liked to see Carver with the last over. Especially when the last ball of the day was the loosest we'd seen and was crisply cut away for 4. We need Hildreth and Davies quickly tomorrow.

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

June 9 2017, 10:25 PM 

We've picked the team I suggested in the pre-match thread and I still think its the right one although Waite looks exposed at 6 and Rafiq with seasons top 1st class score of 17 at 8 doesn't inspire confidence.

The game may boil down to how well our spinners bowl and whether one of our best two batters (Ballance or Handcomb) get a score in our 2nd innings.

I'd say even after day 1, or maybe 55:45 to us.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk