<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

ICC ODI | England vs Australia at Edgbaston (Match Thread)

June 10 2017 at 11:20 AM

WRF  (Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: ICC ODI | England vs Australia at Edgbaston (Match Thread)

June 10 2017, 12:37 PM 

Yorkshire A v Yorkshire B with the Aussie version having five Yorkies including the coach and England having six including the assistant coach although sadly a couple are bench warming

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

June 10 2017, 1:36 PM 

What would cricket do without Yorkshire cricket. 7 put of the 22 playing have played for Yorkshire.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 10 2017, 2:12 PM 

A very fine spell from Adil, greatly appreciated by Shane Warne. One wicket with a dreadful full toss, but the rest was quality.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

June 10 2017, 2:36 PM 

Roy, definitely not the boy, fails again.

Surely time to say thanks but no thanks.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 10 2017, 2:43 PM 

He can continue getting low scores for ever and will never get dropped. Morgan has stated that he is guaranteed a place in every Champions Trophy game.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 10 2017, 2:51 PM 

I think we're all misjudging Roy. It seems to me he's playing on a sort of Zen level where actually scoring runs is a mere earthly distraction. I've played with a few of these types before, though they were generally friends of the captain.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

June 10 2017, 3:03 PM 

This might be the game where carrying Roy finally proves fatal. Three down now

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

June 10 2017, 5:59 PM 

35-3, no change of plan. Brutal counter attack. Aussies sent packing.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

June 10 2017, 6:09 PM 

What a special player Ben Stokes is. Best all rounder in the world by a long way.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

June 10 2017, 6:10 PM 

It does go a lot quieter on these threads when England are going well! Very satisfying performance, this, the Aussies are being run ragged.

Idle Man
(Login Idle_man)

June 10 2017, 6:14 PM 

You may be right, but I suspect the reduced interest is not because England are doing well, but because Yorkshire are playing at the same time. I suspect I know where the greater interest lies. There's always less interest in the 2nd XI when the 1sts are playing.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 10 2017, 6:23 PM 

Pity about the weather making it all rather unsatisfactory at the end.

Strong batting by Morgan and Stokes but a big chuck up for the England bowlers in this last couple of matches.

It's no longer good enough to concentrate on keeping the run rate down, you have to keep getting wickets and England have been brilliant.

If we can keep Wood and Plunkett fit we have every chance in this competition.

Still not happy they are tying one hand behind their back and continuing with Roy, he did though take a decent catch today.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 11 2017, 10:56 AM 

As I've written elsewhere, I suspect the fact that Roy made it to single figures has guaranteed his place for the next couple of years.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

June 11 2017, 10:58 AM 

Yep there was a good 50 replies on an England collapse in a dead rubber. The silence is deafening now.

I fear for a few if England do actually win this!

JG
(Login _JG_)

June 11 2017, 2:08 PM 

Superb from Morgan and Stokes yesterday, an absolute pleasure to watch. Obviously Stokes took the headlines and played some incredible shots, but I actually thought Morgan was even more impressive if anything, coming in against two fine bowlers in good rhythm with a bit of movement around- i.e. conditions in which he has previously failed against the red ball- he played with superb authority and controlled aggression from ball one. Wood and Rashid excellent with the ball earlier too; those two and Plunkett have really stepped up and answered the questions about England's bowling attack in the past 6-12 months.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk