<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Championship | Somerset vs Yorkshire at Taunton (Day Four)

June 12 2017, 3:13 PM 

Dont forget to take a Tie..

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 12 2017, 3:19 PM 

First win at Taunton since 2008.

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

June 12 2017, 3:21 PM 

Not a Member, Steve C. Though might wear my Members tie dating back to my 1982 membership, just to show support.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 12 2017, 3:29 PM 

You only need your tie to go into the pavilion. The rest of the ground you can dress how you like. That is why I never go into the pavilion. I will not be tied down by archaic snobbish rules re dress code.

seenemgiven
(Login seenemgiven)

June 12 2017, 3:30 PM 

Just noticed..Tyke83 has got 2 willeys! What a day he's having happy.gif

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

June 12 2017, 3:33 PM 

I assume a Membership card is also required for the pavilion!

(Login Harrogateyorkie)

June 12 2017, 3:36 PM 

Relegation anyone😉

Really. Those who have said we might go down, how long have you been watching this side?? They are full of spirit and never say die attitude.

A credit to the County

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

June 12 2017, 3:40 PM 

Sitting in the car as not fit to drive yet. Out of jail, but the side who held their nerve won. Thought we'd blown it several times, in particular when Adam dropped Overton (C) early on. As said, I thought we should have taken Adam off after he got Davies, but GB stuck to his guns, ignored the new ball, and it paid off. I do admire his captaincy: he has clear vision and confidence in himself and his team.

Somerset were not happy with any of the last 3 wickets. The final catch seemed to us to be questioned as a bump ball, not whether it carried. And quite a few Yorkshire folk thought they had a case. Personally I don't care.

The only downside was poor Azeem Rafiq. If you decide to bowl Adam for 16 overs the writing is on the wall. I can't see him playing much more first class cricket.

The atmosphere on and off the field at the end was amazing. And the deeply disappointed locals were wonderfully generous.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

June 12 2017, 3:44 PM 

What an absolute treat - coming out of a meeting and seeing this result. Well done Gary - it is hard to think of anyone who you would rather be making the decisions at the end of a game like that.

Egham Tyke
(Login Davetyke)

June 12 2017, 3:45 PM 

That was fun wasn't it ? Well done to this amazing team who show what strength in depth there is at Yorkshire. Always a proud Yorkshireman and with good reason

(Login MikeBrc)

June 12 2017, 3:52 PM 

There some footage been just been posted up on Facebook with sound of the final wicket.

Overton stood his ground until the square leg umpire was consulted about the catch.

You can see it even if you are not a Facebook member, just click not now when it asks you whether you want to become a member.

https://www.facebook.com/yorkshireccc/videos/1524605557609890/

This message has been edited by MikeBrc on Jun 12, 2017 3:52 PM

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

June 12 2017, 3:52 PM 

The wicket is on the @CountyChamp twitter feed. Doesn't look like a bump ball to me.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

June 12 2017, 3:59 PM 

Fraisse - wear a tie just in case.
I think you'll find Yorkshire members can be quite generous with lending their cards.
If you're a serious cricket fan you really shouldn't miss the opportunity to stand in the Long Room at Lords.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 12 2017, 4:31 PM 

Glad I refrained from posting until the fat lady was singing.

Marvelous stuff, I do like a nice cakewalk but nothing compares to the relief of a win after a nice tight finish.

The momentum for what it's worth will be with us tomorrow as Surrey are just about to lose to Essex.

Congratulation to Gary and all the team.

I'm sure it's been a terrific learning experience for Waite and Carver and I hope Rafiq and Leaning have their day in the sun tomorrow.

(Login ExiledinNotts)

June 12 2017, 4:55 PM 

Sat here in the B&B still buzzing from the game. If Carlsberg did cricket wink.gif Had a drink after the game in the long room & as we were making our way to the exit saw some of the players taking their gear to the team coach & Rafa was hobbling really badly would be surprised if he starts tomorrow.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 12 2017, 4:59 PM 

Carver & Lyth are probably our best bet anyway for tomorrow. I have not been impressed by Rafa at all this season in the CC so far.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Jun 12, 2017 5:48 PM

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 12 2017, 5:05 PM 

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

June 12 2017, 5:08 PM 

"Carver & Lyth are probably our best bet anyway for tomorrow. I have not been impressed by Rafa at all this season so far."

Jeez, it's a tough crowd on here sometimes.........15 wickets @ 23 this season and people aren't impressed my him!

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

June 12 2017, 5:26 PM 

Have been out and not in internet contact today, so just seen the result.
What a stunner. We still can never write off this team.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 12 2017, 5:46 PM 

When I said it might be Carver's match, I meant Carver's catch.

< Previous Page 13 4 5 6 7 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk