(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Re: RLODC Yorks v Surrey pre-match thread

June 12 2017, 3:37 PM 

Hoping they open the full ground.

(Login matthefish2002)

June 12 2017, 3:42 PM 

I will be there tomorrow as well.
Don't expect a big crowd but think if about same size as a days play in a Championship game then not too bad. Although it will look terrible on TV.

Feel a bit more confident about this fixture after winning at Somerset along with Brooks, Coad and Bresenan in the squad so will be fresh.

Crazy we are down in Somerset today and play a big game like this the next day.
Same for Surrey whose match at Guildford is still being played so no disadvantage.

Loiner
(Login TheLoiner)

June 12 2017, 4:06 PM 

Brooks in squad, when was the last time he played a one day game for us? Season before last?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 12 2017, 4:52 PM 

Wouldn't miss it for the world and I think the boys deserve some support.

It's an extra match and quite reasonable that the club charge members a very reasonable £5 or £10 pounds depending on age.

Same thing happens to season ticket holders in Rugby League and Football and I'm sure in other more obscure sports.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 12 2017, 5:05 PM 

From the squad of 14, and the report on another thread of a possible Rafa injury, I would go with

Lyth, Lees, Hanscomb, Ballance, Leaning, Bresnan, Waite, Carver, Brooks, Fisher, Coad

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

June 12 2017, 5:13 PM 

I'd play Rhodes instead of Brooks, otherwise same as Stu's team.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 12 2017, 7:22 PM 

Needless to say a very tough match tomorrow. 5 missing for us and 1 for them. On paper there can only be one winner, but our fighting spirit and never say die attitude, like the last 4 days and who knows. Could be another shock and another famous victory.

Good luck lads and sock it to them!!

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

June 12 2017, 7:39 PM 

Obviously with everyone available we have a superior outfit.

But still looks a fairly even match up tomorrow to me, not like we are fielding a youth side!

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

June 12 2017, 8:10 PM 

I don't think it will be a shock if we beat Surrey, but I'm not sure I can take another thriller after today.

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

June 12 2017, 8:24 PM 

Lyth, Lees, Hanscomb, Ballance, Leaning, Bresnan, Waite, Rafiq (if unfit Carver), Rhodes, Brooks, Coad

I'm usually in the optimistic camp but cant see a win tomorrow. Although perhaps we bat first,Hanscomb and/or Ballance get a huge score and Surrey collapse under scoreboard pressure isn't unreasonable.

JG
(Login _JG_)

June 12 2017, 10:58 PM 

The bookies again make us favourites, but as with others I'm not convinced. Not for the first time our batting looks very heavily reliant on Handscomb and Ballance, while our bowling line-up lacks the bite and experience it did earlier in the competition. Selection is difficult too: I don't really fancy Brooks or Patto on a Headingley flattie, but can we go with an attack as inexperienced as Bresnan, Coad, Fisher, Waite, Rafiq and Carver? In limited overs cricket a superb performancce from one player can win the game for you, but I feel that Surrey have the edge when it comes to match-winners available unfortunately... I hope to be proven wrong!

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

June 13 2017, 12:40 AM 

It is surprising to see Surrey as much as 11/10 with some bookmakers.

Their squad for Tuesday:

Batty
Borthwick
Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Dernbach
Foakes
Footitt
Meaker
Pope
Rampaul
Sangakarra
Sibley
Stoneman

On paper a stronger bowling attack, but their batting is not that standout other than Sangakarra. In the semi-final last year, only Davies and Foakes scored most of Surrey's runs and the former is now at Somerset.

If Yorkshire win the toss and insert Surrey under overcast skies as forecasted, I quite fancy our chances.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk